Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long shot - Swiss Resident - annual trav insurance

Poster: A snowHead
The usual threads seem only to refer to UK/IE residents which is no help. We are Swiss resident, couple, travel frequently and our previously excellent credit card cover has ceased to exist.

I'm awaiting a quote from Generali, but all the online ones I have seen locally are somewhat pricey. An alternative is a black Mastercard or a Platinum Amex... which are not much more expensive and have other collateral benefits...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After you looking for health cover while travelling, or just for belongings and cancellations?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought the Swiss were good at insurance (although as with many things it wouldn't surprise me if it came at a price). One of the things that has surprised me about "rip off Britain"is how efficient and cost effective our consumer marketplace is for things like insurance and phone contracts etc when you actually compare it to other countries
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ibexag, health cover as well, EHIC notwithstanding...

@Dave of the Marmottes, it is expensive here, although we do almost all our insuring through one company so get loyalty discounts.

The other factor is that we had Priority Pass each thru the credit card and S does about 24 flights a year while I do about 60 so e.g. a glass of wine and a roll per flight soon justifies a certain cost for that.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
health cover you dont need - your swiss la mal covers you abroad as well. Just get Rega and you will also be entitled to repatriation to switzerland in the event of a medical need, for the princely sum of 60 chf a year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use these guys (should also work in Switzerland): https://www.ski-online.de

Cover all sorts of ski scenarios (rescue + medical + equipment loss/theft), and you can add on other stuff like valuables, cancellations, other/summer activities too.

Website and communication work well in English if need be.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would not be without my Amex £450 a year is recouped in points. Unlimited lounge access mark get be a winner for you and quibble free insurance.

Helped get Adel tickets as well Embarassed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, the reason I ask is that most people here don't have travel insurance per se. Most components are already insured with other insurances.

As @coddlesangers said you are probably covered for health care on your normal Swiss health insurance. If you do regular trips to expensive places (i.e. USA) then you can usually add an option to your supplementary health insurance to cover that. And then Rega membership for repatriation and all other emergency helicopter needs is a no-brainer at 40 CHF/year.

Your baggage is probably already covered while travelling with a typical Swiss Hausratversicherung/assurance ménage - it's worth checking your policy.

The tough one is cancellation insurance. That is normally covered by credit card insurance (even the basic cards), but I find that the coverage is not amazing even on the better policies - often only delays of 6+ hours are covered, or only if the flight is fully cancelled and not delayed, etc. It might be worth shopping around and making that the deal-breaker when picking your credit card.

If you do want a dedicated all-in-one UK style insurance, then Zurich Relax comes very close but at a price. Allianz/ELVIA is usually a bit cheaper. Overall, however, the cheapest option will probably be using add-ons on your existing insurances.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@coddlesangers, @ibexag, thanks, I honestly hadn't thought of all that.

I think the clincher is (he he he) going to be lounge access...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, did you find a solution to this? As above, I am fairly well covered for via my various standard Swiss insurance, EXCEPT cancellation, which I am usually happy to live without. However, I am currently planning a more expensive trip to Norway at the end of the season, and I'd like to have cancellation insurance for this.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Gämsbock, I ended up with a Swisscard platinum Mastercard as that comes with unlimited Priority Pass (which effectively pays for itself in terms of free drinks and feed).

For France we have Carte Neige, just to simplify anything that isn’t otherwise covered.

I am sure I am partially overinsured. Policies on household, etc. not adequate in all areas.

For a single trip like that I would probably take out specific insurance covering cancellation, etc.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, I do the same with Carte Neige when skiing in France, and also think I end up slightly overinsured on some aspects! Yes, I'm basically looking for single trip cancellation insurance for that trip, ideally without massively overinsuring myself on everything else, but clearly covering me for cancellation as a result of a skiing injury prior to the trip.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What exactly does Platinum Mastercard cover?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ElizabethLizzyLiz, im sure the details will be online
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999 wrote:
I use these guys (should also work in Switzerland): https://www.ski-online.de

Cover all sorts of ski scenarios (rescue + medical + equipment loss/theft), and you can add on other stuff like valuables, cancellations, other/summer activities too.

Website and communication work well in English if need be.

Does it also cover off-piste outside Europe? Could not find it on their site
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, Very general summary online
snow report
@ElizabethLizzyLiz, this is the card site. It’s CHF 250.- the first year so probably not the solution!

https://www.mymastercard.ch/en/credit-cards/mastercard-platinum/
snow conditions
@ElizabethLizzyLiz, i found several documents which are very clear - which bank issued your platinum mastercard?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy