Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski school in Austria that teaches in English?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, does anyone know if there is a ski instructor course in Austria that teaches in English?
I'm currently learning German (a work in progress) but not good enough to teach people I think. Also what level of proficiency you need to be as a skier to get on the course?
Smile

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 3-12-17 0:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
All ski schools will teach in English. I take it you are wanting to know as you want to get in to instructing as opposed to getting lessons from somebody that speaks English? What course are you looking at doing, I know people teaching in Austria that have gone through the BASI system, and others through the Austrian system. Come across some Aussies too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm a Brit who lives in Innsbruck, I've no intention of going back to the UK any time soon to get qualified so I'm looking to get a European qualification, Austrian I suppose, but my German isn't great, so I'm hoping there might be a qualification taught in English? rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A friend of mine I did a season with a while back lives and teaches out of Kitzbuhel, his name is Ben Hensley. Maybe worth getting in touch.

http://www.e3-skiacademy.com/ski-academy/team/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowsports Academy run some of their Anwaerter and Landes courses in English. Not sure how well Austrian ski schools will recognise them tho as they will still expect you to have a certain level of German.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ginlane wrote:
I'm a Brit who lives in Innsbruck, I've no intention of going back to the UK any time soon to get qualified so I'm looking to get a European qualification, Austrian I suppose, but my German isn't great, so I'm hoping there might be a qualification taught in English? rolling eyes

You could pop along to the Tirolean Ski Instructors Association office (between Machete and Blue Tomato on Anichstraße) and ask. When I did mine in St Anton in 2008 officially everything was in German but they were very flexible and willing to help the Brits understand.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ginlane wrote:

BASI runs courses at Hintertux.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I did my Dual Anwärter course with the Snowsports Academy in Serfaus (2008), there were several non German speakers on the course. They were helped out by those of us who could during the training and the instructors were very helpful as they all generally speak great english. They also had no major issues when it came to the theory and practical exams either.
Once you have the quali´s just find a skischool with plenty of english speaking customers. Obergurgl for example. You could even try before you have the quali´s. Skischools always need helpers in the kids areas at Christmas and Half term. It gets you a foot in the door and some experience. Since then I´ve heard of Austrian instructor courses being run in English, but not so often I don´t think. You may have missed it for this year.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think SIA include German lessons as part of their courses.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Spikyhedgehog, thanks, we do indeed run ski instructor courses where we train people towards their Anwärter, and beyond. I will contact @ginlane, and see if we can help!

We predominantly teach in English as our trainees tend to speak it as their mother tongue, and we want to make sure our tuition and tips are understood. But, the course includes professional German tuition and we combine that with the on the hill training so our trainees can practice their language skills before the exam.

After flying through the Anwärter we relocate to Kitzbühel where our trainees get a guaranteed job with element3 ski school where we continue their training throughout the season and they can hone their newly acquired instructing skills. Interested, then send us an email on ben@e3-skiacademy.com

Cheers snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy