Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vonn to compete Mens Downhill Lake Louise?

Poster: A snowHead
Very Happy Very Happy

https://kurier.at/sport/wintersport/herbe-kritik-an-vonns-lake-louise-plaenen/300.189.152
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wasn't the mens downhill at lake louise last weekend?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting read - I know she's been after a chance to race in the men's world cup for several years now.

What I didn't know and the article mentions is that she only wants to ski at lake louise d- can see why this can be seen as a bit more of a publicity stunt that the Austrians see it as rather than trying to deal with inequality or the chance to compete against tougher competitors.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ansta1, next season
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I really don't see the point. Maybe Lake Louise is a special run that is suited to her, but why let her start only there? I think Markus Wasmeier has it right when he says she would almost certainly end up hurting herself if she tried any of the other runs such as Val Gardena, Kitzbühel or Wengen. So why should Vonn be allowed to engage in a publicity stunt only in LL? Makes no sense.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Steilhang, why would that be right about "only ending up hurting herself"

Condescending and misogynistic it looks more like Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are several other threads on this already.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ski3, because to ski at the speeds that are required to compete against the men on those courses requires a level of strength that women simply don't have. And if you have not got that strength you will end up in the nets or worse. That applies to 99.99% of men as well btw. Nothing condescending or mysoginistic about it, just a touch of realism.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Steilhang, no, predicting an injurious outcome based on gender when she hasn't skied that course still looks the same.

I didn't say she could compete against the men. Realistically if she were to complete the named courses at her maximum potential, then you'd seen the relative performance in fact and not conjecture based on gender.

With the spread of male competitor's performance being recorded, you'd be able to see if she were within that scope or, by how much was recorded, where she fitted in relation to their's.

Any competitor of that skill level should be able to ski the course at their own pace.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Steilhang, not convinced...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If she is able to qualify (if that’s how you do it) then why not. But if she is unable to make the time required then why allow it. It’s fairly simple to my simple mind.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Woman ski Aspen & St Anton they can handle kitz wengen vg no problem
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Steilhang, Men and Women often ski the same Downhill courses at National Championships.

I just think she would be DFL which wouldn't look good for Women's racing.

In any case the decision has been posponed until the next FIS meeting in May.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Steilhang, North American skier in North American publicity stunt. Racing Lake Louise is probably just more beneficial to her sponsors.

I’m not saying her reign is over, but she was much stronger a year or two ago before her injuries. She may have a better season this season and next, but you’d think she stood a better chance to “compete” with men a few years ago.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just the Vonnbot's look at me annual attention seek. It's far from clear that she is even top of the women's podium in speed now.

Personally if I was the FIS I'd give her a mens start but insist it was the Streif then see how keen she is.
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, she was on course to win when she crashed out...but i do think wins are less likely now
snow conditions
So in the interest of gender equality can one of the top men be allowed to ski in a women’s downhill too? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Pure publicity stunt from the shameless self promoting [MOD: RACIST TERM DELETED]. What's next, a cookware or lingerie line...............?
snow report
@arcsinice, so what? Did you see the massive ad for Rausch featuring Anna Veith as she crossed the finish line? They all have skin in the marketing game
ski holidays
@arcsinice, Dude... What?!
ski holidays
@ski3,
Quote:
@Steilhang, no, predicting an injurious outcome based on gender when she hasn't skied that course still looks the same
It is an opinion from a guy who was Olympic champion in a couple of disciplines, that women would not have the strength to compete against the men when skiing the difficult downhill runs. It applies in equal measure to most men, and I do know a few racers from the local ski clubs who would not even consider doing any of Val Gardena, Kitz or Wengen, but do take part in the Inferno and the Weisse Rausch.
If she wants to try it, by all means let her, but I can assure you that none of the FIS functionaries is going to take any kind of responsibility for the outcome.
snow report
@Steilhang, “taking part” in the Inferno is no metric of ability...
snow report
under a new name wrote:
@Steilhang, “taking part” in the Inferno is no metric of ability...
But completing it is Wink
snow report
She would burn most the guys off the course..thats how good she is..
snow conditions
arcsinice wrote:
Pure publicity stunt from the shameless self promoting [MOD: RACIST TERM DELETED]. What's next, a cookware or lingerie line...............?

Given the obscene racist slur you've just made (google [MOD: RACIST TERM DELETED]) then you should never be allowed to post on here again.
snow report
emwmarine wrote:
arcsinice wrote:

Given the obscene racist slur you've just made (google [MOD: RACIST TERM DELETED]) then you should never be allowed to post on here again.

I googled that and agree with you. Shocking language amongst a lot of casual racism on this forum.
snow report
emwmarine wrote:
arcsinice wrote:

I had never heard of it and agree
ski holidays
Yep. Had also never heard the expression. Absolutely unacceptable.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Completely agree
snow conditions
@arcsinice, unacceptable. Not on this forum.
latest report
stanton wrote:
She would burn most the guys off the course..thats how good she is..

As someone who continually complains that slopes should not be prepared, what do you know about racing ?
snow report
Don't you requirema certain number of FIS points gained, for example on the Europa circuit to enter a WC event? If she gets the points then let her compete.
ski holidays
Move over Lindsey there's a new speed girl in town. Daggers at the dog park this Xmas?
snow report
@jjams82, @emwmarine, @davidof, @holidayloverxx, @Steilhang, @hammerite, @Bennyboy1,
+1.
snow conditions
Don't get the angst about LV. She makes her living primarily from sponsorship. Sponsors look for how much favourable exposure they can get from their spend. LV clearly understands that and acts accordingly to promote her brand, and hence that of her sponsors.
snow report
@arcsinice, No thanks
latest report
AS per @dode, +1 for me too. Absolutely not acceptable.
snow report
How can you report a post to admin, suspect this one would be considered race hate?

I've tried emailing admin but no response.
ski holidays
Quote:
Pure publicity stunt from the shameless self promoting [MOD: RACIST TERM DELETED]. 
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Why not go the whole US racist hog and retweet D1ckh€@d Donald's tweets while you're at it Confused ?
snow report
If you all find the term so offensive, why keep quoting it? I DO find it offensive and have had to remove each one individually
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy