Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, looking for some recommendations. We are heading to Avoriaz next week (staying in Les Prodains). My husband and I have skied before in Austria and are not experienced skiers but can manage blues and wide red runs. It is the first time taking our 6year old son skiing. He will be in ski school in the morning but with us for the afternoon. I was wondering if anyone (who has skied Avoriaz) could recommend any wide blue runs that would be suitable for a beginner 6 year old? Could you also advise if the Crot blue run is a wide run back to les prodains?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mishsmith, all Super Morzine is good + plateau.

Crot, I think, still has passages which are cat tracks, albeit not super narrow. But I haven't paid attention and possibly not skied it in a few years.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think I recall doing that Crot blue run last year with a beginner. He found it rather steep and twisty. Admittedly, the conditions happened to be a bit icy. But I recall thinking it was more difficult than either of us had expected. It certainly wasn't a motorway blue.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. I have been doing a lot of reading and super morzine has been recommended. What is the lindarets area like for beginners? Are there any blue runs on the avoriaz ski area that you would avoid?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mishsmith, Avoriaz to Lindarets plateau has two blues. Both run of a reasonable track. One is not super wide but neither terribly difficult.

At 6, and first time skiing, Plateau + Super Morzine probably more than enough. If, indeed, ski school doesn’t knacker him out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From imperfect memory, the runs along the wide ridge between Super Morzine and Avoriaz are all pretty good for beginners, ie Proclou etc. There was also nice easy run down through the woods to Les Lindarets - Combe a Florets, I think. Not sure what blues I would avoid, apart from Crot - and possibly the very initial bit of the run from Les Linadrets down to Ardent, which is a bit steep. Of course, what one person says is easy another might not - and much depends on weather. But most beginners don't like narrow, twisty runs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mitcva, 6 year old on first week with not terribly experienced skiers? Defo avoid Lindarets to Ardent!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yup, you are right.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. Do you know what the other blues are like e.g. Bleue du lac, bleue d'Arare and stade d'Arare?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mishsmith, Bleue d’Arare big open (and often busy), b. de lac a bit narrower.

Stade not a blue iirc? It’s a slalom course so red if not black.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the advice. Looking forward to getting on the slopes next week. Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Also the bottom bit of Abricotine ( accessed via Lechere) is like Proclou in being very flat.
Would agree with Bleu de Lac, all of Super Morzine, Combe a Floret ( Star Wars) and the blue on Chaux Fleurie.
Bleu d' Arare has a steeper mid section and a cross camber so that will be a nice little step up.
Also do not get to carried away by the whole colour thing as Tannes (Red) IMHO is easier then Prolays ( Blue).
Have a great holiday.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Remember to take your swimming gear with you in a backpack in case he is knackered (or just cold/out of love with skiing) after ski school. Some food and an afternoon in the big Avoriaz swimming pool should recharge him for the following day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks! He is very excited about the Aquariaz water park so definitely will make a point of going there. Do you know if there are lockers available in Avoriaz to store bags etc for the day?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy