Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen the week before Lauberhorn...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My hubby and I have been looking at skiing Wengen in January next year but the only date we can travel is 6th January, which gives us the week running up to the Lauberhorn downhill race (12th - 14th).

Has anybody had good/bad experiences in Wengen in the run up to Lauberhorn?

We have asked before about the rail network getting from Geneva to Wengen, and have some excellent info on that now, but we would also like to know how the race may affect the rest of the ski area? Would it be very busy generally all around the Jungrau that week, or would race visitors travel in towards the end of the week (giving us a few days peaceful skiing before the crowds arrive)?

We like the idea of the excitement and atmosphere that the race will bring, but don't want to be caught in big lift queues getting around the mountain, or on crowded pistes.

Any advice gratefully received...! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No issues at all unless you are flying a squirrelsuit
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were there the week before the race two or three years ago, we had a great time and had no queue issues at all, the resort was fairly quiet. There were a couple of parts of the downhill track closed all week (the jump) and the slalom piste towards the end of the week, but that was it.

I would go again at the same time without hesitation.

PS, forgot to say that the Italian team arrived at out hotel half way through the week and were very civilized.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DebbieD, I live in Wengen most of the year. The week before Lauberhorn is a great week to come skiing. Lots of beds are taken by the media and the racers, and they aren’t skiing the regular pistes.

The race visitors don't arrive until the Saturday of the downhill so no worries on that score.It's a really good week to come skiing in Wengen. See you in Rocks bar!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DebbieD, Definitely a great week to go, the pistes are no busier, but the atmosphere in the town is great.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy