Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau, Wildschönau, Ski Juwel

Poster: A snowHead
@Cymro66, hope all is OK with your volunteer, the helicopter spooked my group a little especially when the piste guy diverted us to the other slope just before it arrived. Weather is looking good for the next couple of days and hopefully they move the piles of artificial snow around tonight.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Silly question I'm sure, but if you take the ski route to Thierbach, how do you get back up again? The ski map doesn't show a lift
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BRi87 wrote:
Silly question I'm sure, but if you take the ski route to Thierbach, how do you get back up again? The ski map doesn't show a lift

Get your skins out, or catch the bus: https://www.skijuwel.com/skijuwel/skibusplaene-pdf/2022-23/fahrplan-skibus-schatzberg-thierbach.pdf
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
James the Last wrote:
BRi87 wrote:

Get your skins out, or catch the bus: https://www.skijuwel.com/skijuwel/skibusplaene-pdf/2022-23/fahrplan-skibus-schatzberg-thierbach.pdf

Thanks, I wasn't sure - the kids are keen to toboggan which I think you can do on that route?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shorter Training slope was horrible today. Ice with the artificial snow from the cannons.
The longer one was lovely for our group. Got up to the top of the gondola and skied the far red and then back to the gondola. Lovely free afternoon for me.
See what tomorrow brings
@chris_n sorry for the short chat.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BRi87 wrote:
James the Last wrote:
BRi87 wrote:

Thanks, I wasn't sure - the kids are keen to toboggan which I think you can do on that route?

Literally no idea; I once looked up the bus. If tobogganing, check your insurance - many winter sports insurances don't cover it!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
James the Last wrote:
BRi87 wrote:
James the Last wrote:
BRi87 wrote:

Literally no idea; I once looked up the bus. If tobogganing, check your insurance - many winter sports insurances don't cover it!

It's not a particularly well travelled route other than for (mainly) Germans heading back to their accommodation after a few beers when the lifts have closed. Apart from the potential insurance issues it should fine to toboggan down there but unless you are staying in Thierbach why would you want to. There is a toboggan run from the middle station at Auffach (5km?) and a 7 km run in Niederau that both start and stop next to lifts so multiple runs are a distinct possibility.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hello all. I'll be passing by the ski juwel in a couple of weeks on my way down to zell am ziller. I'll do a day in the area wheres best for us to park? is there plenty of parking by the lifts?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mother hucker, There is plenty of free parking by the lifts in Niederau and Auffach but I believe it is charged in Alpbach (I never park there in winter, just use the link from Auffach). However if your couple of weeks coincides with Netherlands half term then places could run out very quickly. I guess your best paking place is by the Schatzberg lift in Auffach as that will give you access to Auffach and Alpbach.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@chris_n
Thanks for the welcome, chats and borrowing your son for the week. Also the snow was good for us all to enjoy.
See you in 12 months all being well
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Cymro66, look forward to it. Andy enjoyed his new experience, piloting a sit ski is another string to his ever expanding bow!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arriving Saturday Very Happy and first ski day in Sunday, can anyone provide an update on the Skijuwel? I've looked at the webcams today and it looks great!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BRi87, piste conditions are perfect at the moment. Weather forecast over the next few days is cold then warming during the day next week but still cold overnight. I don't expect this to significantly affect the snow as the sun is still quite low in the sky at this time of the year.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oops seem I found a really old weather chat.

@chris_n - hope all is well. I'm starting to check out the webcams and weather. Last week in January 2024 is our dates for Jumbulance.

Hope the snowbuddies trip have a good time at the start of January!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Cymro66, all is good here, was opening day at Auffach today lots of people there for the lifts opening at 8.30. There is more snow here at the start of the season than at any other time in the 10 years I have been here. Look forward to seeing you guys in January.
snow report
Looks like I picked the wrong ski season to give it a miss. Gutted, as it looks fantastic for this year already. Bit the bullet and used up all my 90 days in 6 months over this winter on time in the sun in Portugal instead of skiing. Didn’t really have much hope of doing any skiing as currently on crutches following a nasty fall knees first onto the pavement at the end of June, but a week with friends in Niederau will be sorely missed no matter what the reason. Sad
ski holidays
First day of the 'real' season starts today as the tourists have arrived in bulk. After a very snowy start to the season unfortunately the last few days has along with everywhere else in the Alps seen nothing but heavy rain and relatively mild temperatures in the valleys. Lots of new snow on the mountains though snowHead
snow conditions
Just cleared 20cm of fresh snow off the terrace at village level. Should improve conditions massively as things were getting thin in the village last week and a lot of the slopes were icy. Forecast to snow lightly all day today and tomorrow before turning very cold.
latest report
@Chris_n, Please keep adding to the snow levels snowHead
The snow buddies group should have a great week then. 4 weeks and counting for Jumbulance chaos to arrive!!
snow conditions
Cymro66 wrote:
@Chris_n, Please keep adding to the snow levels snowHead
The snow buddies group should have a great week then. 4 weeks and counting for Jumbulance chaos to arrive!!

They seem to be having a good time so far after an early hiccup with transport from hotel to slope. Andy (my son) is piloting sit skis for them this year, seems he's quite in demand for his services as this is now the third week he's been doing it this season.
This was week before last. https://1drv.ms/v/s!Alrc2TOjgynZgfxAj4rW9QZEmvkS6g
Been snowing gently all day and getting colder.
snow report
@Chris_n, nice driving. Is that for the family that has a flat in Niederau?
ski holidays
Cymro66 wrote:

It is, they used to drive it themselves but mum has reached her limits as Henry gets heavier and Dad has health issues so time to hand over to the pro's. Don't quite know how the excitement levels can be increased next year after the speeds / tricks they have been up to this year!
snow report
Chris_n wrote:
Cymro66 wrote:

It is, they used to drive it themselves but mum has reached her limits as Henry gets heavier and Dad has health issues so time to hand over to the pro's. Don't quite know how the excitement levels can be increased next year after the speeds / tricks they have been up to this year!

Off-piste it is for 2025 then Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@Cymro66, Herzlich willkommen in Wildschönau nice to see you guys out again today.
snow report
And you to sir. As you were busy I didn’t stop to say hello. Sure I’ll stop by in the week.
Congratulations on begin a Grandad also
snow report
Cymro66 wrote:
And you to sir. As you were busy I didn’t stop to say hello. Sure I’ll stop by in the week.
Congratulations on begin a Grandad also

Thanks, I'm sure we will find time to catch up shortly.
snow conditions
@Chris_n, sorry didn't get time to say bye. Pass on our thanks to Andy, Manfred, Freddy and Hans for their support, tuition and general get on with everyone.
Hope the rain damage gets fixed soon and the slopes recover for the rest of the season. Hopefully see you next year.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy