Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau, Wildschönau, Ski Juwel

Poster: A snowHead
Don’t like sound of rain but the snows good hopefully holds up fingers crossed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I didn't much enjoy being out in it this afternoon either! Was snowing as I finished work for the day.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I well be there Saturday
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have to wait another 4 weeks. Sigh 😞😞😞.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
30cm of new snow yesterday followed by rain caused absolute chaos on the roads with the road up from Wörgl being closed to anyone without snow chains!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowHead Snowing snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Day off today so went for a quick ski with the boss in the fresh snow and sunshine before watching the Hanenkamm downhill.
Was going to post some pics but snowmediazone keeps rotating them?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 20-01-18 14:25; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arriving Sunday 28th for week skiing with Jumbulance charity and DSUK.
Pop over if you see us on the slopes! I'll be the one talking to anyone and everyone!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Cymro66, does that really make you distiguishable wink Seems to be par for the course with a lot of you guys!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Chris_n, Laughing Laughing
I'll keep an eye out for instructor with name tag of Chris. Would it be a blue or red uniform I need to lookout for?
Keep the snow good for us!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That'll be red! Although mine has had so much use it's a little pink now! There is a Chris works for the blues but he is a little younger than me!
Snowing heavily atm!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Keep the snow falling. I need plenty to cushion me when I hurtle along out of control in only 2 weeks time. 😁 snowHead⛷️🎿 ⏩ 💥
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OMG 0.5m of snow overnight Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And another 20 cm during the day and still snowing!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another 20cm overnight Very Happy
snow report
Hi Folks,

Group of 16 of us arriving 3rd Feb Laughing Laughing.

We should be in Niederau around arounfd 2pm and i was reading on Crystal Ski Twitter feed that you are allowed to ski on your 6 day pass from 15:30 on the sat for free if you are buying a 6 day pass starting on the Sunday.

I was wondering is this an arrangement that Crystal Ski have in place for their customers only or is this normal practice for the resort.
snow conditions
@peter2512, i'm guessing it's normal practice. In SkiWelt, you can ski from 1500 the day before your pass starts
snow conditions
@peter2512, Normal practice, it is actually valid from 15.00
latest report
Thank you Dobby and Chris. That's great news. More cash for the beer. Laughing
snow conditions
Another question. Can i buy ski passes online?
ski holidays
Not that I am aware of but may be wrong, its only a minute or two at the ticket office anyway. You can I presume pre buy with Crystal so they should be ready on arrival in resort.
ski holidays
Beautiful sunshine the last couple of days, snow is still plentiful and in good but firm condition.
snow conditions
@Cymro66, nice to meet you today, I'm sure our paths will cross a few more times during the week. Really sunny and quite warm today, pistes are getting a bit hard in places. Fine for us out for a blast first thing in the morning when no one is about but less so as the day goes on. More snow forecast Wedensday night into Thursday snowHead
ski holidays
An amazing morning skiing on fresh snow. The trees are full the pistes are perfect what more could you want. Awesome Very Happy
ski holidays
Fantastic. 🎉 We are in Gatwick Airport on our way there right now. Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
@Debbie, Sunshine, but that's due Monday!
@J Rhiannon, see you in the morning then!
ski holidays
Chris_n wrote:
@Cymro66, nice to meet you today, I'm sure our paths will cross a few more times during the week. Really sunny and quite warm today, pistes are getting a bit hard in places. Fine for us out for a blast first thing in the morning when no one is about but less so as the day goes on. More snow forecast Wedensday night into Thursday snowHead

Like wise @Chris_n. Many thanks for quick chats and advice on conditions etc. while on the slopes with you. Also extend our skiers and instructors thanks for letting us in with the sitski's while we were waiting for gaps.
And the help with the female lifty after I used the wrong word to catch her attention Embarassed !!

See you next year!
ski holidays
We had the promised sunshine ☀ today - and probably some more tomorrow. The snow is really fantastic 🎉 Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More of the same today. Snow cannons running in the valley this morning too.
snow conditions
I guess after 2 blue sky days something had to change with cloud cover and poor/mixed light conditions - mind you Niederau was empty today which meant almost no moguls built up making it relatively safe
ski holidays
Another 10-15cm overnight, pistes groomed this morning! Forecast light snow and sunny spells for the next couple of days
ski holidays
Just got back from what was probably the best week I have ever had in Niederau for the snow conditions. . Wish I could have stayed there for this week too, as it is also looking so good. ❄ ⛷️👍🌨️🍻🎿 snowHead
snow report
I think it is about time Chris put some more photos on here Very Happy
latest report
A few shots from last week (only 1 from Niederau itself, the others are from Auffach which is a short bus trip away and on the same lift pass). The snow conditions were the best I have experienced when visiting Niederau so should hold for a while yet.

A Welsh Dragon about to take a bite out of the scenery beyond Kropfraderjoch

The Shatzberg Summit Cross at Auffach

View from near top of the GigfelBahn Chairlift, Auffach

and 3 of the new Shatzberg Cabin Lift / Gondola which opened in December 2017

snow report
15cm of fresh powder and no preperation anywhere meant instructor training this morning was all about fresh tracks snowHead
latest report
I would have thought that was good fun. Lots of falling over, but soft landing 😂 snowHead
latest report
No falling over in our group snowHead
ski holidays
What's so very different this time then? 😂
snow conditions
A few pics from yesterday!

snow report
Either just skiing, or it may be skiing in perfect weather conditions last week, has proved to be good for arthritic knees. I have just had a physiotherapy session, and my physiotherapist was astonished at the amount of flex in my knees. For the first time since he started treating me last March he was able to bend them by at least 90 degrees. Perhaps skiing should be prescribed on the NHS? Cool snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy