Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone Ski These Resorts Or other Suggestions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have skied three valleys & Espace Killy regions in the past. This year our group of five are looking for a cheaper deal that Val d'Isere - ideally catered in March for £700pp inc flights or less. Got me looking into the following:-

Serre Chevalier
Baqueira Beret

Have seen some reasonable deals in these resorts. Ski Club GB describes Serre Che as "one of our favourites".

Just wondering if anyone here has skied these resorts & what there experiences have been etc. Would love to hear from you or any other suggestions? Have also seen the odd 'deal' in Kronplatz & Mayrhofen.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loads of info on Serre Chevalier if you use the search function. I'm fairly sure there's also a fair amount for Baqueira Beret.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Loads of info on Serre Chevalier if you use the search function. I'm fairly sure there's also a fair amount for Baqueira Beret.

Sorry should have checked first before posting. Cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Andrew911, you’d certainly have no problems with Serre Che as it’s a great area. Sorry not been Baqueira Beret but rob@rar has been and he’s going back there again this year, so he might post if he sees this.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76757&highlight=

I have driven past a few Spanish ski resorts, and generally gave them a miss. Lack of snow when I was there was the main reason, but they are also mainly marketed at the local market. (a bit like Scottish skiing, in that the French are unlikely to make an effort to go there being their closest neighbours)

Andorra was close to many Spanish resorts in the Pyrenees but was much more external tourism orientated. I am fairly sure that most people were not there for the cheap booze, cigarettes and fuel (due to zero taxes). The skiing was adequate for beginners and intermediates.

www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76751&highlight=

In Serre Chevalier, the skiing has something for people of all levels. The off piste can be quite good too in places as the trees can help hold the snow for off pisting.

Italy can be quite cheap, if you find the right deal (especially when you are in resort)

www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76763&highlight=
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Serre Chevalier is a good call if your priority is skiing over partying.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Baqueira Beret is a world class resort that has had significant investment over the last few years. It is one of my favourite places to ski, however I am not really a fan of the town/villages at the station itself as it is very spread out and does not have a real heart. A lot of Spanish stay in Vielha which is the regional capitol and drive up each day. For information the snow record there is very good, it is already open and intends to have 120km of pistes open by this coming weekend which is the Spanish holiday.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy