Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Pow of the season with Les Chiens :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skinned up from Montgenevre to the top of Gondrans this morning with the OH and Les Chiens.

We were planning on going up to Aigle / Grand Charvia which I did with KenX on Tuesday but piste bashers were working with a cable and we were told route was closed as they prepare for the weekend opening.

What was great was the fine dusting of 2-3mm of cannon neige (not pow as we know it) and it made for a very pleasant descent.

OH was a tad skeptical about skinning up the piste, but we both agreed it was still great as like ski touring away from resort we were still on our own, though there were a dozen or so other people out with a few Ski Mo racers training it was all quite social at the top and we were not the only ones with four legged friends.

The descent back down towards Claveire was on superb freshly groomed pistes and the corduroy had softened up a wee bit in the sun and was a perfect way to spend a couple of hours.

Did do some filming with the drone and had it following OH and Les Chiens, then the app crashed and it carried on filming and froze my phone with the end result of corrupting the film Sad

http://youtube.com/v/opI3DT60EoA
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking good mate. Hoping to get over to Les Chiens at some stage soon! Smile

this icariin actually works!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 24-12-18 23:39; edited 4 times in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Weathercam, Nice - just one question - are drones legal round your way? My understanding is (from a pisteur) is they are banned in the Vanoise National Park and there is a local law banning them from flying above an open piste.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway, pistes above were closed and that footage was not with a drone.

I personally would not fly above pistes with one.

And yes banned in National Parks - which we don't 90% of the time ski tour in, as dogs are also banned.

Today did more of the same but in a different sector and we had superb "Manchester" more or less to ourselves.

Also had a mates wife with us who lives in LG and is right up there with top Swedish FreeRide skiers and she had a huge smile on her face at the lovely deserted empty pistes (apart from people skinning up) and the condition that they were in.

Only trouble was she was cranking her 115 edges over so much that she kept catching the bottom of her ski pant on to the back of her Dynafit binding of the other leg on the bit that sticks upright with the heel levers, and she took a perla whilst caught up!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam, Not sure what your two woofs are going to disturb in Winter!

Bit warm in Tignes today.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Weathercam, yes, don't often get excited by piste skiing, but when we had virgin corduroy all to ourselves seemed rude not to Very Happy
The weekend lot will have to pay for the privilege!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice one. Do you have bite marks in the back of your skis? Never taken my Terrier skiing, he'd be chasing and chewing the ski tips.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy