Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine in January.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I am wondering if any experienced holiday makers of residents can help!

I am going to Flaine on the 27th of Jan, 2018 and are worried about the snow coverage and conditions at this time of year. I understand none has a crystal ball to predict the future but could anyone inform me on what past weather (temperature, clear/overcast, snowy/rain) could be expected at this time of year?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've spent a few seasons in the Grand Massif and Flaine should be ok for snow in January, although it can be very cold at that time of year and therefore icy, although by the end of Jan it should be great with plenty of good skiing. Unless you're very unlucky with the weather the links will open to the rest of the GM too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to SHs, @cengengineer Very Happy . You have chosen an excellent time to go - plenty of time for snow cover to build up, but before the horribly busy 4 week French school holidays. Yes, there are no guarantees with weather, but it should be fine!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been in Samoens that week for the past couple of years and will be there again in 2018. You'll be fine. In a poor year, you might have a couple of dodgy patches at the very bottom, as last year, but it should be fine then.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@cengengineer, I hate to rain on anyone’s parade but we were excitedly looking forward to a long weekend in January in ‘snowsure’ Flaine and it poured with rain for three days. The good news was that it was snowing in Avoriaz. I would never return to, or recommend, Flaine. But quite accept we were unlucky. It is also God ugly in my opinion. Far better options out there!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have spent the last 9 seasons in Grand Massif. As others have said you should be fine for snow coverage for your chosen week. Bon ski.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IMO Flaine is fantastic resort in good snow, when the Gers bowl and Agate are up there with anything in Alps, but quite an average resort in not such good snow, when above will often be closed (they may also be closed in great snow due to Avi risk...)

Can't predict weather. At least in March or April if no snow you can play in soft now
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy