Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap pretty place to ski from Dublin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My gf is talking about heading somewhere to snowy in January or late February for a few days (under a week).
I'm doing 8 days myself in Ischgl in the beginning of February.

Her priority is just to see snow, she's a good skier but not mad on skiing (but would do a bit). I see it as a chance to get a few more days in but it'd have to be cheap.

I was wondering if people on here know of some resorts that are cheap to get to from Dublin and cheap to stay in? If they're pretty towns i'd be ideal and the more likely to have snow at the base the better.

I can only think of Garmisch, it's a cheap flight, short train, reasonable accommodation, the town isn't ugly and there's a chance of snow in the town.

Anyone know of other/better options?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ryanair to Grenoble and head up to Alpe d'Huez or Les Deux Alpes. Short transfer & good skiing, but neither are high on the pretty stakes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Milan Bergamo by Ryan air is cheapest airport to fly to out of DUblin. Lots of cheap italian resorts within 2 half hours drive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Garmisch is very pretty, and a lovely place to ski, the kandahar is well worth a go, and with the all area pass you can do a few places if you like to ski different places. However the apres in Garmisch is a bit dull.
if you type the different airports that you can fly to into jet2ski, they will give you a run down of resorts in a three hour travel time, so that is worth doing, just keep looking them up until you find what you need to.
~Bergamo to Madonna , is not a very long drive and Madonna is a lovely place to ski, the schumacker strieff is worth doing, and when you finish stand and watch others try it, lot's of fun.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, some good options there, will give that jet2ski search a try
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bergamot is the cheapest flight from Dublin and you can fly out early and back late.
You will have two hours drive to most resorts.
On other option is Geneva with Aer Lingus flying early out too.
Just book flights now and wait until last minute to book accommodation, if snow cover is good it gives you more options.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
a cheap option would be soll (or other ski welt resorts). fly to munich, hire a car, drive 1-1.5hrs and you are in soll. lots of accommodation that will let you book by the night/ for short breaks and the town is pretty cheap for a ski resort.

should be some snow down to town level, but maybe not the picture postcard resort, but nice little town. plenty skiing to keep you interested and the apres is a lot of fun! the salvanstadl is the first pub in town from the ski lifts, awesome bbq outside every night, music, cheap beers, lots of fun!

my favourite thing to do in soll is- get to the very top on the last lift. nip into the restaurant there, get a beer, sit back enjoy the view. wait until everyone has cleared off then ski down. you kinda need to cut across an off piste section to get back to the main slopes. but these are the first to get pisted, so you generally get perfect pistes to blast down at high speed. prob annoys the piste bashers no end but its fun! and on good snow days you can ski all the way to the salvenstadl......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If Bergamo is a good option, this thread may help...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1957141
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some more options - Ryanair to Memmingen gives you some last minute options in Austria, Aer Lingus to Lyon also for Tarantaise - Les Arcs, La Plagne etc. as is the case Ryanair to Grenoble. You could also try via Barcelona for Andorra and perhaps Les Angles in the French Pyrenees. Bergamo as mentioned is good for an easy drive to Madonna di Campiglio. Lots of choices!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dub to Bergamo is prob best option, you could hire a car and drive 2.5 hrs, and you will have lots of skiing at your disposal

Or from Bergamo, try Carona, San Simone Foppolo, small ski resort, but the closest to Bergamo at 1hr drive

Hotels in Italy about 60e half board, 3 star

If you dont want to drive, some hotels or ski resorts will have a coach transfer

In Jan, v good chance you will get a last minute special, with the main Irish travel cos, Topflight, Directski etc

In Jan, you could expect to get a last minute ski deal for 500e Half, board, Flight and transfer , or 330 bb Flight and transfer
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The only thing about Foppolo, is it is very small and you will have it skied out in a day, It is ok for a weekend trip but any longer and you will be feeling like ground hog day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy