Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on where best to spend a 'part time' season (and suggestions for accommodation)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I am looking for some advice. I love to ski (on and off piste as well as ski touring). Whilst I cant spend my whole winter in the alps (due to work commitments)- I would like to spend as much of my time skiing as possible. As I don't think I can rely on Glenshee to provide this (!). I am looking to into where best to spend my time. I hope to be able to have a long weekend (Friday-Monday) every 2 -3 weeks as well as the odd week. As time from airport to slopes is important (when heading over for a few days) I was thinking about either Chamonix or Morzine/Avoriaz. Any thoughts? Also are there any suggestions about how to find accommodation? Ideally I would have some sort a base where I could leave all my ski kit but happy for this to be very basic/share with others/sleep on a sofa. If anyone knows of suitable accommodation or someone who has accommodation sorted and would consider having an intermittent guest (I would obviously pay so it would help them out too!) I would be most eager to hear from them.

Many thanks for any advice that you can offer.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try the Facebook seasonnaire groups for the different resorts, cheap shared rooms come up all the time
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for quick reply!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don’t think there is a Facebook group for Chamonix workers but you could have a look at https://www.chamsocial.com/en/groups/accommodation

Chamonix a little bit easier to access. Both equally social, I’d say. Avoriaz a bit trickier to get to.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snow_lass, i’d definitely pick Cham over Morzine as a base for what you are after. If you get a season pass it will give you days in PdS, Verbier, Courmayeur which will ensure you never get bored. Try the Chamonix Buy and Sell FB group and someone will point you in the right direction. I’ve met quite a few people in Cham doing the weekend thing so doubt you’ll have any trouble finding accommodation.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH, only 1 day in PdS, 8 in Verbier, unlimited Courmayeur and Evasion Mont Blanc.

Yeah, worth the Facebook page as well butbthe Chamsocial (what used to be Cham-Share) I think has a wider audience. Then again, maybe not with the French.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy