Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere lift pass for beginner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to Val d'Isere in January and one of our group is a beginner. Does anyone know how it works for a lift pass i.e. does he get a local area pass or whatever it's called for the first few days while in the beginner area and then full lift pass for the rest of the week? How many days should he expect to have to pay full day lift pass for (six day trip)?

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMO. As a beginner, it is best to find out directly from the Ski School what the score is. There are free beginner lifts in the bottom area, which they may use for a day or two...or...they may take them up Solaise (now a fancy new bubble), which would require a Val D'Isere area pass. There is no need for an Espace Killy Pass.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 25-11-17 0:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I presume that the beginner in your group is in lessons.

Normally they would start on the free lifts in the village for the first day or 2 then the instructor will advise them what pass they need as they progress and what runs they can cope with.

There are now 2 beginner passes (apart from the free area) in Val d’Isere. 1 covers the beginners Solaise area and the other for more advanced beginners that wants to cover more area around Bellevarde without going into Tignes.

Will they be ski-ing with you after lessons or meeting for lunch in the village or up the mountain?
This might alter what they need if its just a pedestrian pass or afternoon pass for a certain area.

I would be tempted to wait and see on the progress and possibly the weather before shelling out for a full 6 day pass.

https://www.valdisere.ski/en/decouvrez-les-produits-val-d-isere#pass-debutant
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@moseyp, as others have said, ski school will clarify. If beginner not having lessons, good luck in Val D, a baptism of fire.
One factor is that the top of the Solaise has been made very beginner friendly last couple of years. Personally, if weather OK, I'd much rather be on Solaise than down at the often busy base of the mountain, near the Front de Neige. The catch is you need a Val D pass to get to top of Solaise, whereas a couple of lifts are free near village.

Maybe if you posted your question on the thread below, you might get a more definite answer from someone who lives and works in Val D?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82612#3135305
snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @muppet, suspected as much. I don't think he'll ski with us the first couple of days so will probably have €200/€250 cost for lift pass instead of €300

@intermediate, was trying to get a better idea of budget last night before booking so wasn't going to get hold of a ski school and got faster answer here
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy