Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

US Lift Ticket Prices...

Poster: A snowHead
Wear The Fox Hat, feel free to point out where I have said that I don't want my kids to ski in the US. (Don't hold your breath, anyone). You really ought to stop telling people what they are thinking.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
ise wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
ise wrote:
And too many people are afraid to go somewhere there might be people speaking a foreign language.

You mean like when I ski in France, Austria or Switzerland? rolling eyes

It was just an general observation, don't be so touchy.

In the context of this thread, how could I read it any other way?

Actually I notice your skier profile thing has got out of date a litle :

Quote:
Resorts been to: Alta, Argentiere, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Brighton, Big Sky, Chamonix, Copper Mountain, Deer Valley, Les Houches, Jackson Hole, Keystone, Moonlight Basin, Park City, Saalbach, Snowbird, Le Tour, Vail, Val d'Isere, Wengen, Whistler, Winter Park, and a load of ones in Austria in two days in March 2004.

It's reading like you've only been to Chamonix and Val in France and Wengen in Switzerland with 2 day trip to Austria.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, feel free to point out where I have said that I don't want my kids to ski in the US. (Don't hold your breath, anyone).

I believe:

PG wrote:
it's just that there's more than enough on offer in Europe somewhere for the vast majority of snowlovers.

and

PG wrote:
I made clear above obviously skiing in the US or Outer Mongolia (preferably Outer Mongolia) would be great.

Show a strong preference that you see no point in skiing in the US, which is why, in my previous post I asked the questions:

WTFH wrote:
But you don't want them to ski in America?
You think it is pointless?

Notice the question marks. I didn't state facts, as I don't know how you are bringing up your children, that is why I asked the questions.

Would you like to answer them? (and I won't hold my breath waiting for a direct answer)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ise wrote:

Quote:
Resorts been to: Alta, Argentiere, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Brighton, Big Sky, Chamonix, Copper Mountain, Deer Valley, Les Houches, Jackson Hole, Keystone, Moonlight Basin, Park City, Saalbach, Snowbird, Le Tour, Vail, Val d'Isere, Wengen, Whistler, Winter Park, and a load of ones in Austria in two days in March 2004.

It's reading like you've only been to Chamonix and Val in France and Wengen in Switzerland with 2 day trip to Austria.

Yes it is out of date, but you also seem to have missed Saalbach, which I've been to on a couple of occassions.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 14-02-06 17:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Yes it is out of date, but you also seem to have missed Saalbach as a seperate trip.

Where else have you been to in Europe?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
ise wrote:

Quote:

Yes it is out of date, but you also seem to have missed Saalbach, which I've been to on a couple of occassions.

Sorry, you're quite right, must be blind spot, it's somewhere I've never been personally Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Yes it is out of date, but you also seem to have missed Saalbach as a seperate trip.

Where else have you been to in Europe?

Very few places - but I'm always open to suggestions - DG Orf recommended Wengen, I went there last year. I hope to go to Val T with the EOSB in April, and that will help continue my quest to broaden my skiing horizons, and allow me to compare more resorts based on actually going to them.
So, please, recommend somewhere, tell me how it would compare to the places in my profile, tell me the costs, and I'll consider it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
So, please, recommend somewhere, tell me how it would compare to the places in my profile, tell me the costs, and I'll consider it!

In my opinion there's no such thing as a bad ski resort, they're all wonderful places to be. If you like to visit lots of new places there's a list of world-class resorts that you could sample, but on this occasion I'll humbly suggest Les Arcs Smile It has a wide range of skiing; it's in many people's top 10 world resorts; planty of steeps; lots of off-piste, seemingly endless piste network, new "North American style" village; traditional Savoyarde Alpine villages; easy to get to from the UK; and if that's not enough there are other world-class resorts on your doorstep, including large domains and small (you can even ski to Italy). What's more, I can offer you specially discounted accommodation with ski-in/out access, and I'll even make sure there's a few complimentary beers in the fridge Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
PG wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, feel free to point out where I have said that I don't want my kids to ski in the US. (Don't hold your breath, anyone).
I believe:
PG wrote:
it's just that there's more than enough on offer in Europe somewhere for the vast majority of snowlovers.
and
PG wrote:
I made clear above obviously skiing in the US or Outer Mongolia (preferably Outer Mongolia) would be great.
Show a strong preference that you see no point in skiing in the US, which is why, in my previous post I asked the questions:
WTFH wrote:
But you don't want them to ski in America?
You think it is pointless?
Notice the question marks. I didn't state facts, as I don't know how you are bringing up your children, that is why I asked the questions.

Would you like to answer them? (and I won't hold my breath waiting for a direct answer)

Absolutely.
Yes there is little point in going out of my way to ski in the US, though I would enjoy doing so if I happened to be there for another reason. (You might have quoted where I'd spelt that out to you, more than once rolling eyes). I would love to visit the Far East - never quite managed to get there. There is more than enough on offer in Europe to the vast majority of snowlovers. None of which affects in any way what my kids may or may not want to do in the future, which is why your 'pointed' question is utterly irrelevant.

I want my kids to travel to wherever they feel inclined. Hence by their mid-teens they have already been to the Americas, Africa North and South, Australia and NZ. The Far East is next on the list. Where they choose to ski is absolutely none of my concern, and I hope they get the opportunity to visit plenty of places before other priorities take over.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
I'll even make sure there's a few complimentary beers in the fridge Wink

How many is "a few"? Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat, ho many would you like? Bear in mind it's not an American Fridge Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar.org.uk, is it a walk-in fridge? Are we talking kegs or cans?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Are we talking kegs or cans?

Little bottles!

It's not a walk-in fridge, it's a ski-in apartment Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Are we talking kegs or cans?

Little bottles!

It's not a walk-in fridge, it's a ski-in apartment Wink

Wow, you must be loaded if you have an apartment just for beer... Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Wow, you must be loaded if you have an apartment just for beer... Laughing

I'd guess he;d be broke if he'd jus bought that

Im not geting involved in the argument. I like skiing both sides of the atclantic - I too work on the cot per day, totalled up after paying for flights, food, beer, etc, and find that on a per day basis it costs about the same *for the same level of comfort*, you just need to spend longer across the pond to justify the travelling time and the jetlag
snow report
The place that would get me very interested is the place that has someone who can show the little hidden gems, the bits that aren't so obvious on the map. Sometimes this has to be a guide but sometimes it is just someone who knows the area a bit... In this respect a local is the best because, you may be their friend or new ski buddy but they will know a shortcut here, stay high there and save yourself a walk, cut through these trees, that slope is dangerous in the PM from that aspect, stay down here, avoid that...etc etc etc. And that knowledge will enhance that resort 10 fold.... its almost priceless IMV... Anything I can see from the lift so can loads of other people..!!
latest report
Reading this has made me very sad, it's become clear that some people are worrying about money rather than enjoying their holidays.

You should either just get better jobs or a credit card from your daddy, that way money doesn't matter anymore.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy