Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resort for nightlife (mid-late 20s crowd)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Saalbach is SO MUCH FUN!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bobab, when arr you going out
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

the guys ended up not being very keen on self-catered, and they found a place which was half-board

@Bobab, Clearly they're on a learning curve wink (See you in the Bergeralm/Chicken Man/Hinterhag/Goassstall/Bobby's/Underbar/Spitzbub/Otzi Bar. etc)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bobab, great choice, you'll have a fantastic time!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So been in Saalbach a could of days now, and the lack of nightlife is quite remarkable! Maybe I am not cool enough to find it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bobab, OMG where are you (not) going? Hinterhagalm party, then the Spitzbub, Bobby's Bar, Otzi Bar, Underbar .. take your pick!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Week after new year is quiet all over, even the Mooserwirt is quiet, you can even walk up to the inside bar there and order a beer, no waiting or jostling. Bobab go back in a couple of weeks, things will liven up and by Feb it'll be manic!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bobab, Last night we started off at the Bergeralm, then the Hinterhagalm, which was quieter than usual, but probably all the better for it. Then later we went to Spacey's first show of the season at Bobby's Pub - great rock guitar, and entertaining enough to keep a group pf Yorkshiremen I was with in there till Spacey took a break at around 12.30am.

This evening Spacey will be entertaining in his inimitable style at the Spitzbub from around 5.00-5.30pm to around 7.30pm - usually a riot!
Tomorrow it's world-class Irish band, "Cuckoo" in Bobby's pub from around 10,00pm - always go down a storm.
Also tomorrow Spacey will be performing in the Otzi Bar from 10.00pm - but can't really compete with Cuckoo (unless you want to do both - maybe when Cuckoo take a break).
Thursday early evening its the Spitzbub again with Spacey. Also later in the evening you have "Bobby" (reputedly the real Elvis) presenting his Elvis/Tom Jones show at Bergers Sport Hotel - quell your preconceptions and stick with it - he's so bad, he's arguably good!
Every day you have the Hinterhagalm, Goassstall and Schwarzacher apres-ski parties, starting at 4.00pm. The Hinterhag is often enough to satisfy many people's apres-ski hankerings!
Every late evening you have the Underbar (live singer/guitarist every night) and places like Castellos and Taverne.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ya saalbach is very disappointing for apres, I went last year in feb, it was the worst trip for nightlife of my previous 9 trips to Austria. mayby its good for people in the 40's plus but you were obliviously looking for people in there 20's. the irish band in bobby's are very good but there probably very little people there, there is a nightclub in a one of the hotels in the centre, cant remember its name. we went on the last nite(Friday) of our trip. it was ok.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@teddyl, Interesting comment, considering that Saalbach is so well-known for its lively apres. What did you think of the Hinterhag Alm and the Goassstall? Also what did you think of the Underbar?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
teddyl wrote:
ya saalbach is very disappointing for apres, I went last year in feb, it was the worst trip for nightlife of my previous 9 trips to Austria. mayby its good for people in the 40's plus but you were obliviously looking for people in there 20's. the irish band in bobby's are very good but there probably very little people there, there is a nightclub in a one of the hotels in the centre, cant remember its name. we went on the last nite(Friday) of our trip. it was ok.

Our group went twice in Feb and had an absolutely cracking time both years. Hinterhag Alm and Goasstall were rammed, Bobby's was fun, Underbar was brilliant and even the Zum Turn was crowded. Our group ranged from 30s to 50s and all absolutely loved it.

IMO, only Ischgl was better - St Anton maybe on a par, at its best.

I honestly think people who say Saalbach apres is rubbish are simply not going to to the right places. I've never seen the Hinterhag anything less than packed.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It may be that we were at the wrong places or the wrong time. Didn't like underbar. Full of smoking guys and dull music. Goatstall was pretty good Tuesday though. All the other bars in Saalbach have been dead later in the evening. I'll try some of the suggestions. Having dinner at Berger's now. The Elvis guy is actually a decent singer.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bobby’s (with “Cuckoo”) was a riot last night, as was the Spitzbub with Spacey earlier this evening. Just awoken from a power nap and thinking of popping down to see Elvis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy