Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying first set of skis!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there
Ive just moved to Canada (30 mins from hills, and 5mins from decent crosscountry ski) and looking to buy my first skis!

Ive boarded a lot bit before and skiied upto and including blacks in San Anton but i wouldnt be fantastic.

I want to ski downhill and cross country (and also board a bit) (I might consider buying a spit board in times to come but not yet)
Any advice on my first skis&boots to buy?
Can i buy skis that will allow me ski cross and downhill?

Thanks!
Also looking to keep the price down so will prob be buying second hand!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just for clarification, what kind of cross country skiing do you plan to do and are there prepared tracks or will you be braking your own tracks?

Prepared tracks:
Classic/Nordic
Nordic freestyle/skating

No tracks:
Nordic back country touring (can be used in prepared tracks, no downhill)
Telemark (can downhill)
Randonee/Alpine Touring (can downhill)

All of these will require different types/sizes of skis, poles, bindings and boots.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Prepared tracks mostly but some fresh.
AT looks the best all rounder but are they ok for a beginner?
Are they kind of a jack of all trades master of none?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you have a local shop? That's the best starting point. They can give you some advice (they know the areas and terrain you will be skiing). They may also let you demo some skis to see what works best.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy