Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Really? Grandvalira

Poster: A snowHead
Who thought this was a good idea???

This season the Mon(t) Magic Family Park in Canillo has a new attraction aimed at all audiences, but at families in particular: The Skiline Speed Check. This innovative system measures descent times along a slope decorated with characters from Mon(t) Magic. The Skiline Speed Check times skiers’ descent times and displays them on a large screen, along with their ranking. This device has been added to make the slopes more dynamic and can be found at the world’s best ski resorts. On top of that, it allows skiers to register their descent times, share them online and win different prizes

Carnage Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure of the exact location/set up but doesn’t sound too different from things that are at other resorts. I’ve been to plenty of places that have somewhere with a top speed check or a slalom. I think Zauchansee had a dual slalom, so a direct head to head. Some other places film your run and you can view online afterwards using the number of your ski pass.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

I have too just unless tightly controlled a kids cartoon themed run sounds like a potentially risky place to have it.

I had visions of more experienced skiers flying through going for the record.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As @SnoodlesMcFlude has mentioned, these speed checks are at a number of resorts so not really a new thing. Also, while having a kids cartoon theme sounds like a risky place, I'm guessing that if that is the theme then the slope will be a gentle blue - any chances of actually getting up any real speed is probably limited.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it's anthing like the BMW speed traps I've sometimes seen the hike up to an entrance gate for the opportunity to speed test yourself down a 30m length of mighty green slope is not exactly a draw for speed demons.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@oldmike, as the esteemed posters above me say, it'll probably be a fairly gentle slope. I know that when I did one in Les Arcs I straightlined it and struggled to get 30km/h.

Thinking about it, Skiline was the name of what they've got in Ski Amade. It's quite neat, you put in your lift pass number online and you get a record of what lifts you've done, a tally of how much vertical and any videos that have been recorded. Saw plenty of kids doing it and didn't seem overly unsafe to me, better to keep the little bugs on their own course imo Twisted Evil Laughing

In fact, found the video of me struggling my way down a 'giant slalom' course. It ain't pretty, but obviously the skis weren't right for the challenge rolling eyes Wink

https://www.skiline.cc/skimovie/iq5bh
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I know that when I did one in Les Arcs I straightlined it and struggled to get 30km/h.

You missunderstood the naure of the test - it is a skating test rather than a wax and tuck test
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have come across a timed dual slalom in Fiss and a Speed Experiance Zone in Les Carroz d'Araches. I thought that they were quite good fun.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The one up Brevent is a straight and quite steep line and on an icy day I wouldn't be keen to tuck from the top Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Saas-Fee has had its Adrenalin Cup running for a few years. It consists of several tests around the resort, which include, straight line speed, slalom, fasted lap of a lift etc, some of which are videoed an shown in lift stations and main restaurants by swiping your ticket.

https://www.saas-fee.ch/en/skifahren/adrenalin-cup/
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They are a little out of date in their description of the Allalin. It's no longer part of the Super Vier, as that's now the Super Drei. Davos pulled out.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, Flachauwinkl has a straight line speed run on a slope of about 25-30 degrees, which I've done at ~85kph. The run-off area has an icy washboard, a 20 degree slope down to the right, and turning left uphill takes you into hardpack - and of course there's always one or two people who think the ideal place to stop and take photos of you mid-run is the centre line of the run-off area rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I gather there is quite a long steep one in Les Arcs, but I haven't seen it open for a couple years now.

I realise it is not timed but I bottled out of the skier cross course in Tignes when I thought I was going too fast.

There is a very nice timed GS course in Val d'Isere where it is nice to go fast without worrying about soomeone coming across your path.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It is "for families".

That means it will be lame.

Flat, short and slow.

Need to be topping 100kmh to make it fun.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The skier cross course in paradiski was fun, trying to keep the skis carving the turns all the way down in a tuck, not sure who cr...ped themselves the most, me or the dopey woman who decided to stop on the run halfway down.
snow report
@tangowaggon, Is this the course parallel to the Tuffes piste in Arc 2000?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy