Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Dachstein West 2017/18

Poster: A snowHead

Conditions at Dachstein West continue to be quite awesome.

Regular fresh snow falls have kept the pistes in outstanding order and refresh the off-piste areas.

The area hasn’t received the battering in some alpine regions with the net effect that skiing hasn’t been interrupted.

After some decent snow fall a little under a week ago and more forecast soon, there’s some great skiing on offer 😎.

Photos from this morning....near perfect conditions and not overly busy!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another fantastic day over at Dachstein West, it really is my favourite place to ski over here.
Scarpa found me some lovely untracked lines despite most of it being pretty skiied out.
Although it was very busy (Vienna week) we never queued longer than a couple of minutes and the pistes are really in great shape. I also got to hug my favourite tree

It was so good to meet up with @Cacciatore, and Bootsy and share a beer. If anyone is out in the Amade and has the SuperSki Pass definitely do not miss this stunningly picturesque jewel!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seconded.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We skied there Saturday, seemed good, but as visibility was so atrocious we will have to go back to actually see where we went!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

6 of the 8 snowheads in Dachstein West enjoying a sunny Sunday afternoon ski ⛷⛷⛷😀😀😀😀
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And an intruder on the end Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Penelope, ha, I now know who you are in real life! Why 'Penelope'?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Piste_Rider, Hmmm 8 Snowheads.... that's almost a bash... Madeye-Smiley wink Shock Really great to see/meet/catch up with you all.... except @Scarpa... turns out nobody can catch him before a turning off the piste... not in time anyway Toofy Grin Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Schuss in Boots, Laughing Laughing Laughing bless him, he was a tad over enthusiastic!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hurtle, I actually have no idea. I wonder if I'd read a book or seen a tv programme or something when I made my account. Wish I had just kept something closer to my real name! rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, some advice please. I know that this area is covered by the Salzburg superski pass, but will it be possible to buy a 14 day pass from the lift station at Annaberg? Or will they just sell the Dachstein West pass ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They do, terrific area too 😀
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi BJP...seems you’ve answered your question...all the areas covered by and including Dachstein West (so also Feuerkogel, Krippenstein and Abtenau) will sell the Salzburg Superski pass.

Have you been out here many times?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As this rather excellent season draws to what feels like a premature end on Monday, the conditions remain awesome.

Will now have to get the mountain bikes serviced and look forward to some cycling action 🙂😎

Some pics from today...

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Cacciatore, this was our first visit to Dachstein West, and did having seen posts on this thread. We were having two weeks in Amade, first week Flachau and second week Dorf Gastein. We drove down and stayed over in Golling just south of Salzburg and decided to use Annaberg as the access point for a day in this area. Must say I was really impressed, the runs were in top condition from top to bottom, we made it down to Gosau on a wonderful red (repeated), mountain huts atmospheric and very good value, what’s not to like ? My original question was because I was unsure whether the base lift stations would sell the full Salzburger ski pass but I needn’t have worried, of course they did. Thanks for the advice, will be sure to return.
ski holidays
Hi Cacciatore, this was our first visit to Dachstein West, and did having seen posts on this thread. We were having two weeks in Amade, first week Flachau and second week Dorf Gastein. We drove down and stayed over in Golling just south of Salzburg and decided to use Annaberg as the access point for a day in this area. Must say I was really impressed, the runs were in top condition from top to bottom, we made it down to Gosau on a wonderful red (repeated), mountain huts atmospheric and very good value, what’s not to like ? My original question was because I was unsure whether the base lift stations would sell the full Salzburger ski pass but I needn’t have worried, of course they did. Thanks for the advice, will be sure to return.
ski holidays
This is a great ski area and I’ve been lucky enough to ski here in the last two years. I originally skied here in the 80s and from memory it hasn’t changed much apart from some new lifts. The real benefit of skiing here over the last two years has been how quiet the slopes are. I’ve skied in the more popular resorts in ski Amadé and the pistes have been chopped up, but in Dachstein West they’ve been perfect.

It’s a great area for beginners too and a fantastic family ski resort. Highly recommended and I’ll certainly be back. I love it.
snow conditions
Hi BJP, the run down to Gosau is certainly fun...if you’re ever out this way again, drop me a line - always good to meet fellow snowHeads 🙂. The red run down to Russbach is also a terrific blast - 4km and nice and wide. Definitely my favourite.

There’s also a most excellent hut on the way down- Hornhutte- owned and run by a real character from....Golling! It’s very traditional and does some great, local dishes. Be warned though, the owner, Blasius, does like to proffer the schnapps, post-eating!

@geepee, was great skiing with you again this season 😀😎. DW do pride themselves on their piste management.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy