Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 5th-12th February 2006

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just thought I would give an update on our skiing trip to La Rosiere last week. First trip taking the whole family skiing, being the only skier that meant lessons for my wife, 5 year old and 3 year old with the 1 1/2 year old in the nursery run by Esprit (whom we travelled with). We stayed in the Ferme D'Elise chalet, with our particular unit in the chalet called Arnica. Esprit were great from start to finish, Astreus flights were excellent (if a little early) and we even had champagne for breakfast - now there's a first on a charter flight!! The coach from Chambrey to La Rosiere took about 2 hours, plus an additional 20 minutes for a lunch/comfort stop. Upon arrival at the resort we were walked to our chalet with our luggage being delivered to our room about 15 minutes later. We had room 4 in the chalet which is probably the most amazing room, with a blacony facing south towards the resort of Les Arc 2000 - truely spectacular views! The chalet was clean, comfortable and our hosts, Sarah and Charlie, cooked high teas for the children, delicious meals for us (including drinks and canapes at 1930). Wine flowed freely throughout the meals and beer and soft drinks were available too.

The skiing was amazing, our eldest (5 years old) went off every morning to skiing lessons and by the end of the week was skiing down Tetras - the blue run from the top of the mountain - quite an achievement considering she isn't yet 6! My wife had three mornings of skiing lessons with Evolution 2 (again organised through Esprit) and practiced what she had learned in the afternoons with me, and was skiing reds by the last day - quite an achievement. Finally my 3 year old skiied in the afternoons and was to be seen happily skiing down the baby slope and using the 'magic carpet' to get back up again. When not skiing the children were in snow club, and went sledging, built igloos, snowmen and did yeti hunts, as well as a huge range of indoor stuff too. The nursery for our youngest was staffed by really enthusiastic Esprit nannies, who fed, changed and entertained the youngest of guests, with games and outdoor fun for them too. At 5pm every day the children were delivered back to us and a nanny would arrive at 530pm to serve and supervise high tea for all the children - leaving us free to have some of the delicious cake Charlie made every day and share stories over a beer while the children ate and chatted in the background.

The snow was great, we had three days of brilliant sunshine, then thursday it snowed - but we could still ski. Not a massive dump, however on Friday and Saturday there was a beautiful blue sky, not a cloud to be seen, fresh snow on the slopes and very few crowds or queues (a huge advantage of the resort). Certainly not the most challenging of resorts with few blacks on the France side, but there are more if you ski into Italy. A great resort for families - everyone there was brilliant to us, including all the Esprit staff, the guys and gurls on the mountain and the refreshing approach to lessons that Evolution 2 have. I had a lesson to try and enhance my technique and after 2 1/2 hours was amazed at how much the guy taught me!

I didnt get a chance to ski into Italy so will save that for next year as I think we will definately be back. However I was happy spending time on the reds and blacks of La Rosiere and concentrating on my technique, rather than spending all day trying to stay alive on the most challenging blacks I can find (which is what I normally do!).

All in all, one of the best family holidays I think we have ever had. Everyone in the family agrees on this. Great resort, fab chalet, great tour operator, fantastic family skiing.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 13-02-06 22:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
keith904, Ski holidays are great but watching your 5 yr old come down Tetras must have been priceless as they say. Reading a report like yours gives me that warm glowing feeling deep inside. I can almost feel your glee. Our kids are now 10 & 11 and we are at the stage where nanny care isn't needed ( I can almost feed myself now) so we have moved on from the Esprit childcare scene. Each step in skiing wth kids has its challenges, I am now on the "wait for me" plateau. I shall be sure to report when we get back from la Rosiere on the 26th. Shame you didnt make Italy, there is some superb skiing to be had, especially in the pass between the 2 countries. Well done once again.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, sounds like you might be a La Rosiere regular! Definately no bad thing, and yes it is hard to disguise the glee i felt watching wife and two children all ski by the end of the week. I made it as far as the end of the Bellecombe II drag lift so guessing I at least saw Italy. In the end I am not too worried as we will definately be back next year - so it will mean I have more piste to discover and explore in my 2007 trip Smile When I will also get the chance to practice all the good stuff the Evolution 2 guy taught me this year - just a shame i didnt take a lesson until the morning of the last day........but was more important to be on hand for wife and children during the beginning of the week, make sure they all want to go again next year and catch the skiing bug - mission accomplished Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
keith904, you went to Italy, you just didn't go far enough. Glad to hear you enjoyed La Rosiere, it's a super little place not at all like the mega stations nearby.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
keith904, my girls and I learnt in Ros when we were 4, 7 and 35! 5 years later I've just chased them from one end of Plagne to the other, after 4 years in Ros! Worth the change and the challenge, but still a little pang for Ros!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy