Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How was / is your weekend so far 16/17 Dec 2017

Poster: A snowHead
With all this snow around and resorts opening up those SnowHeads fortunate enough to be out must be scoring some great conditions.

This was was us KenX and my OH this morning in Serre Che

http://youtube.com/v/T-Tu8zkAjvg

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 16-12-17 16:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No piccies but very good in val thorens. about 15cm of soft snow above the pistes that fell last night. visibility bad tho.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty awesome, if I must admit Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great powder overlooking Rannoch Moor, and views ok too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Going pretty well. House is clean, been to the gym, click and collect didn't have substitutions. Aksel and Lindsay won. Now watching The Tunnel, drinking pink champagne from my orient express champagne glass. Only bummer is MrHL is skiing in Flachau and i have to stay home drinking champagne
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I just arrived in Zell am ziller. I'll tell you tomorrow
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Superb in La Plagne. Few people. Plenty snow. Lots of untracked. Cold. Trickle of snowflakes all day. Even occasional blue sky and flicker of sunshine. Near perfect.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
50 skiers at Yad Moss today. Cold dry snow if a little thin.
The last hour was quite magical with an amazing orange sunset.
A lovely first day of the season.....hopefully not the last snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another one from the UK: an excellent day at the Lecht today. The Lecht is often dismissed as a beginner only centre, but today with almost all the runs and lifts open it was well worth the 3 1/2 hour drive (with all the other Scottish resorts closer to home!).

Full cover of soft, fresh snow on all runs, and a good deal of sunshine after some patchy early fog. Busy car park, but few queues.

Just a shame a thaw is forecast for the next few days.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Absolutely outstanding in Gstaad. Skied off piste all day yesterday in waist deep powder.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@denfinella, what thaw? No thaw forecast round here...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Best ever December day of skiing for me on Friday (if we can extend the definition to a long weekend). Was at Hintertux, where they were reporting 30cm of fresh snow, but on the black piste down from the top gondola station (and the steeper pitch to skier's left) it was way deeper because of the shelter from the ridge. It's been cold at Tux for a couple of weeks (down to -20 regularly) and was that cold overnight as the snow fell, so it was super light, Japow standard snow. We just lapped around until it got too tracked out for a very special start to the day, mostly in hazy sunshine. On the steeper pitch every single turn was a face shot, even without having to work the bottom of the turn to get that bow-wave effect. After we'd got the best of that pitch we headed across to the gentler terrain around the Kaiserchiefs (wish I knew the real name of that area), and again lapped around using the chairlift for fresh tracks on each turnabout. Great conditions at any time of year, but very special for the first half of December.

Sadly there was no time to stop for video or action shots, but you can see the pitch behind me. What an awesome day:

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rob@rar, i would agree. the last few days have been the best snow i remember for the last ten years that i’ve had an appartement in VT. today looks busier as more people look to gave arrived yesterday so wont be quite so empty.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

click and collect didn't have substitutions

Laughing Glass half full weekend, @holidayloverxx? Great shot, @rob@rar. Glad you're enjoying the snow.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd forgotten how good it could be Very Happy
latest report
Bloody awful... wife doing this while i’m Cleaning the apartment 😡

http://youtube.com/v/lqqd0ZORH1c
snow report
@under a new name, thaw forecast for Scotland (I was skiing at the Lecht), or am I wrong? Not for the Alps!
snow conditions
Wow! snowHead Make sure you get right round that S-bend, @BobinCH.
ski holidays
Super conditions in Valfrujis, so much snow and best of all it’s not that busy.

Even the nutters throwing themselves off the mountain with parachutes on seem to be enjoying it.
snow conditions
Just fitted my new ski boots and getting gear ready, leaving Boxing Day for Arlberg, can’t wait! Well done all those above out in the Alps right now, got it just right......off out on MTB now in the rain! Laughing
snow conditions
Just had first day in Zell am Ziller. Plenty of snow. Visability poor at times as it's still snowing and low clouds plus trying new boots meant a bit of faffing in the morning.
Also getting to know a new ski area when your solo and hate reading piste maps was a bit challenging for my brain. But I read rule 5 and had a blast in afternoon.
So great weekend so far.
snow report

Fab day
snow report
The violent winds of yesterday and the weekend hordes (pass only €15) certainly trashed most of the powder Crying or Very sad

However pistes were in superb condition.

And we did find a couple of lines but not on the same scale of sweetness as yesterday, which bodes well for the season as no one had skied them as it's not too obvious how to get back, and you can ski a long way down and then an hours skin back up.

KenX skiing down to where I am way below out of shot

http://youtube.com/v/wHrpj-uYORQ
snow conditions
Fabulous conditions in the jura this morning with 20cm fresh on top of a 1m base. Skiied the entire mountain, with all the off piste barely touched. Did see a full on fight between 2 teenagers who collided with each other while coming down the chairlift line, not something you see everyday Shocked
ski holidays
Friday was great, yesterday was a bit meh, today was face shots all afternoon Madeye-Smiley
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/WK5j-KBmilU
latest report
Lovely morning out Le Tour Saturday, was looking forward to epic day with inter alia shep and zzz... then this

Total respect and big love to Antoine Ski who fixed me out enough to get home. snowHead
snow conditions
Well, if we’re all going to gloat,
It has been rubbish. Saturday, fresh tracks all day; Sunday, mostly fresh tracks, Monday fresh tracks. Tuesday day off; today, lovely rando followed by.....fresh tracks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy