Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mount Vallon -Meribal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Courchevel in 4 weeks. Remember good run off Mt vallon from 5 years ago but a long pole at the end. Is there a pisted run off that doesn't entail the long pole?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they've done a fair bit of work in that area now and it's a lot better

skied down the red run (left hand side as you look up mountain - cant remember piste name) over new year then all the way back to mottaret where you could get the pas du lac back up to head for Courcheval

dont think we had to pole along much at all
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dan100, you can escape the poling section if you take the Mures Rouges chair, which takes you back to the Mont Vallon gondola and the Plan des Mains lift for returning to Meribel.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I seem to remember there being quite a long flat bit at the end, no matter where you end up.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think Alastair, is right, the Mures Rouge chair is the way to go. Keep on past this on the (blue?) towards Mottaret and you need to be prepared for some serious poling / walking!

Nevertheless both of the red pistes coming from Mont Vallon are classics in my opinion - Combe du Vallon must be one of the finest red runs in the Three Valleys (although the top can be a bit tricky) and Campagnol (I think that is the other one) has a long wide fast section which is great for high speed antics on a quiet day. (Tip - go up Mont Vallon at lunchtime when it is quieter, by mid to late afternoon it is swarming with people going home from / to Les Menuires and Val Thorens.)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Trenmold is right - looking up the hill, the left hand piste is Combe Vallon. The one on the right - Campagnol - is supposed to be easier and comes with a poling warning. A couple of weeks ago, it was closed all week (because of a narrow, icy section at the top with a big drop next to the path!) Combe Vallon was in good condition, but quite bumpy and great fun. One drawback (or advantage for Alastair and Trenmold) is that the Combe Vallon run ends at the bottom of the Mures Rouges chair, whereas Campagnol ends back at the Mont Vallon bubble, so you can head back up and do it all again! If both runs are open, I suggest you start with Campagnol and then finish with Combe Vallon, carrying as much speed at the bottom as possible so you get to the start of the blue run Ours back to Mottaret without any poling. If you want a laugh, take some boarding pals and watch them weep Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I suspect I did campagnol last time - I hate poling so we only went up the once.
Thanks
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's no polling on the Combe Vallon (Left) but if u carry on down the Ours there usually is. The Mures Rouge chair is where the Combe Vallon meets the Ours and takes u straight back to the Mont Vallon lift.

The Campagnol (right) merges with the Lac De La Chambre run just as it flattens out but with a little bit of speed you'll make it without polling. Near the bottom of the Lac De La Chambre is a a schuss which is almost never enough to make it back to the lift but there's a gentle blue path to the left, take that for a guaranteed clear run to the Plan des Mains lift and a V. good chance of making it to the Mont Vallon lift without a push.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mont Vallon - Ces't Tres Bon !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy