Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year Kopaonik ski resort (Serbia) - 28.12-07.01.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are a group of friends planing to spend our New Year holiday in Serbia (unknown territory for the most) visiting capital Belgrade and spending few days there (possible day excursion to Novi Sad, second biggest city of Serbia) and after heading to the biggest ski resort in Balkans, Kopaonik, for some skiing and having fun. We already rented accommodation in Belgrade and Kopaonik and rent minivan for moving between places so we share expenses on those. Kopaonik has around 60km of alpine skiing trails so there will be something for everyone's taste, beside that for what it has to offer it is pretty cheep resort with day ski pass in hot season 28eur, and 5 day ski pass for bit more then 100eur. So for anyone interested i'm willing to give more details Smile...cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chopy, Kopaonik is so last season http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3039329&highlight=kopaonik#3039329

Well, it is this season too, and probably every season based on my trip last year, we should be there again in February.

Don't forget the extortionate ski hire prices - two of us blew £19 on ski hire for a week last year. With flights to Belgrade as cheap as £35 return and transfer 20 Euros each way I think it is possibly the cheapest skiing available to UK travellers, I couldn't get to Scotland for the price we got to Kop.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, a report when you get back would be very interesting.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@digger the dinosaur, Ohh...it seems all the info is already prepared, thanks, so I'll send everyone interested to your link Smile! I am glad you had such a positive experience and not only about the resort but the country itself. I was in Belgrade before (absolutely amazing city and the atmosphere) but about Kop it will be my first time, so I'm happy to have some positive vibrations Very Happy. We are actually searching for companions since we have some empty places in minivan and accommodation is for more then us....so any interested people are welcome to join!

@telford mike, From what i read in Digger the dinosaur report, it seems it will be one happy report Smile!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chopy, you'll definitely have a good time, but try and find more good places to eat for me - there were only so many meals I could manage, so couldn't eat everywhere. Mmmmmmmm. Doughnuts.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@chopy, you still got space on this trip?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@TotallyBoard, Yes we still have space on the trip Smile...I can leave you my email address if you have more questions or need details regarding the trip, since sometimes i don't see msg on forum for a while.
vdrakula86@gmail.com

Or i can even leave my whatsapp/viber for even faster correspondence +38268797031

Cheers Smile!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Digger the dinosaur, where do you get flights to Belgrade for that kind of money? Skyscanner and cheapestflights are coming back over £300. @chopy, thanks for the reply, am trying to find flights and will let you know.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@TotallyBoard, cheap flights/New Year/late booking...... doesn't compute! We went to Kapaonik many years ago (when it was still in Yugoslavia). Flew to Nis - absolutely middle of nowhere. Had a good holiday though as we were self catering it was disconcerting to find the only shop was shut all day on New Year's Day. I had to go foraging - found some Serbian peasant farmers outside the complex, selling kajmak (?sp), wrinkled apples and potatoes. Negotiated in the few words of Serbo Croat I'd learnt for fun and served it to my (not v impressed) family for lunch. The shop opened late every morning because they had to keep changing the prices - runaway inflation. It's good to get off the beaten track.

And they do say that the landmines have all been cleared from the pistes now.... just watch out off piste. wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Went there in the late 80's as a fairly new skier, maybe 3rd or 4th time skiing. Balkan holidays did a great job. Half Board in a 4 star hotel right beside the ski lift AND the best snow I think I've ever had in Europe!! Loved it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@pam w, How I understood it was quite an adventure Smile, but of course things changed a bit since 25y ago, I think @Digger the dinosaur, explained it pretty good in his post about Kopaonik.

And not to scare people off, there was no landmines so no need to watch out in or out off piste Smile

@TotallyBoard, I understood about flights, in case you find some good offer we will be glad to have you in our team Smile!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I thought Bosnia had the landmine issues in resort but according to this the last one in Serbia on Kopaonik was last year

http://www.the-monitor.org/en-gb/reports/2016/Serbia/casualties-and-victim-assistance.aspx

(Not in resort though)

I spent about five days in Kopaonik last March, loved it. Great snow for the time of season, beautiful landscape and very cheap. Beef goulash in Allo Allo on the square, very good
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@moseyp, I'm happy to hear you had some good time in Kopaonik, food in Balkans generally is very good, big portions, and cheep Smile)...

About this other things, no incident in the resort and thousands of tourists every year, winter and summer...so no worries there I think Smile.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy