Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montreux too Verbier then on to Chamonix.

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone done this trip or similar. We are driving down on friday day and staying in montreux for friday night. Then maybe on to Verbier for the saturday before driving on to Chamonix after skiing on saturday. Does anyone know roughly how long it would take from montreux to Verbier and then Verbier on to Chamonix. Whats the traffic like in verbier and parking??? Is it too much to do and should we just head straight to chamonix or any other resort on the way??? cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
samisgod, welcome to Snowheads!

Sounds like a good strategy. Montreux to Verbier about 45 mins. Verbier to Cham about 1hr 15. If you get to Verbier early you can park up by the Medran lift. If not plenty of pay car parks in the town.

Best of all if you're just there for the day, leave your car in Le Chable save the windy drive up the hill and get the telecabine up straight onto the mountain. Cheaper, faster and greener.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr. Sparks has said it all have fun.

Steve Sparks, Are you the Steve Sparks who works for Kodak Medical?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Verbier to Chamonix should be a doddle in good conditions.... up and over the pass and thats it...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand, no, but I'd like to know what someone working for Kodak is doing impersonating me. I never realised this identity theft thing was so common!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool, cheers guys.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is it quicker to go to Riddes and cut out going to verbier or close as this looks the closest on the map to chamonix, bit still in the verbier ski area???
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure, but the ride from Martigny up to Le Chable is easy enough and then get the lift up into Verbier, you will not have to change at Medran as it is part of the same lift which goes straight through AFAIRC. And Martigny to Chamonix is 30 mins or so by car in good conditions. Don't Riddes so can't advise on the lift connections from there.
The other thing about Le Chable is that it has Bruson which can be a good day out from the Verbier system.
Can't be much help here as its so long since I was last there
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
samisgod, No best bet is to go to Le Chable. Gives you the most straightforward access to the Verbier system. Also if you fancy a bit of Apres in Le Chable go and visit John in Le Rosbif, 5 mins walk from the bottom lift.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks again, dont suppose you know of any good quides in chamonix to take us down the Valley Blanche or any other good places??/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
samisgod, sadly not. My best suggestion would be to send a personal message to SMALLZOOKEEPER. I've got a feeling he should have some good recomendations.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
samisgod,

Or
Go to the local guides office by the church, or the tourist office will point you the way, its just over the road. Pick a nice sunny day forecast.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am travelling with Sam, we will be spending a day in Verbier, 6 days in Chamonix and we want to visit a resort on our way back to Calais. Should we go back to Verbier or visit Les Gets and Morzine.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
samisgod, Riddes ( La Tsoumaz now, I believe) is a discrete station to Verbier but not worth doing independently. Conversely La Tsoumaz undoubtedly cheaper to stay.Ski over if you need from Verbier You could also do Flaine or Les Carroz on way back from Chamonix. Given that Les Gets/Morzine is lower , why not leave that choice until last minute dependent upon weather conditions ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rburch,

Depends on the local conditions but I wouldn't rule out Flaine, its higher than the other two, can be accessed from the lower slopes so might even be nearer to the Autoroute. In good snow Flaine can be just one huge powder bowl...
ski holidays
Thanks JT. I think you are right.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy