Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone done Gérardmer or Vosges in recent times?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,
There is a chance for me to go skiing with my daughter and granddaughter (she's 5 and first season) to a place called Gérardmer in the Vosges.

I've looked it up and nobody has mentioned it on the forum since 2014.

OK I'm not expecting it to be Stanton or Verbier, I'd just like to find out more.

I have many years ago skied in the Shwarzwald on the Feldbourg, but we are talking early 70's

Is it going to be crowded out at French half term?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DrLawn wrote:

I've looked it up and nobody has mentioned it on the forum since 2014.

Well the Vosges hasn't exactly been snowed in the last few years, maybe why no-one had much to say since then. What do you think has changed since 2014? It is not as if they are suddenly going to find an extra 1000 meters of altitude Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went in 2016 at Feb half term. We were lucky & caught a good week if snow, it was struggling when we left though, I don't think it lasted much longer.

It was very very busy & very very French! Lots of pushing in, adults elbowing the kids out of their way and just shrugging at you when you tried to say anything, the queues for the lifts were insane after lunch every day, and as the runs are short it got a bit tedious, think 40 minute queue for a 10 minute run. It was impossible to get a table at lunch in any of the restaurants, especially if you couldn't fluently argue in French...

The last few days we just headed back to the main area in the afternoon & the kids went round and round the little drag lift while we supervised from the bar terrace with a beer.

That being said, it's very pretty place, tree lined runs, the lift pass is cheap and the kids loved it, it was their first ski trip [they were 10 & 7] - although now they've been to a big ski in ski out resort this year we wouldn't go back, they would get bored very quickly.

We went to La Bresse one day, about 20 minute drive, it's a bigger ski area with much more to do [there's a Bob sleigh which is cheap & the kids love it], the runs did look a bit more varied but still very very busy and the car park was a nightmare.

Let me know if you have any questions & I'll do my best to answer!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy