Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner friendly resort recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I remember the area about Malghet Aut. It looked to have some great nursery slopes.
From the map it looks like a straightforward drive from Pinzolo to Madonna di Campiglio.
There's a few threads that might be of interest:
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3120242&highlight=pinzolo#3120242
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=122390&
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2806586&highlight=pinzolo#2806586
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2778843&highlight=pinzolo#2778843
I believe a few snowheads have done their bookings through Campiglio at Enchanted Holidays (see the last linked post).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I love Monty too back again after an 8 year break this March
cant wait to try the Monty Express too
just there for 3 days stopping in Alpis Cottis
hi Snowymum again
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@cockerhoop, Hello snowHead We are also going back to Montgenevre but not the same week as you. The Monty Express is great. The Durancia pool is another new addition - it is ok but a bit overpriced for what it is. The mountain restaurant at the top of the Chalvet (next to start of Monty Express) has been revamped and is very good.

Sorry for thread diversion!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for that will look at the pool
I will be with none skiing wife and just doing 2 days skiing in a 3 night stop
I am a bit annoyed other than the bus from Oulx station the transfer price from there is very expensive 55 euro for 10 miles
hopefully all will go smooth and the train will be on time for the bus, while going back should be ok as if we miss the train the next one is only an hour later.
what would I need to do to get wife up lift to Chalvet restaurant as she wont have a pass, and I would be keen for her to experience a mountain café
all the best
Cockerhoop
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@cockerhoop, We are driving this time so have not looked into taxis/buses. However I think the buses are timed to meet the Paris trains so I very much doubt the bus would go early.
Your wife could pay for a single use ticket on the Chalvet gondola and the restaurant, think it is called Les Terraces, is just at the top of it. She could then either take the Monty Express down or come down by Gondola. Toofy Grin snowHead
As well as the Durancia your wife could try the spa at the Napoleon CGH residence - if she booked a treatment there she could have a session in the pool, Jacuzzi etc beforehand.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Took the leap last night and booked flights to Bologna, not the best times or as cheap as I'd like but £100 each inc ski carriage for me. Note to self to not leave it so late next year!

@sugarmoma666 Some great reading there, thanks. I think I've decided on the Pinzolo/Madonna/Folgarida area, mainly as it is seemingly the only area with reasonable hotel availability, Although it does also seem to tick the quiet, beginner and scenic boxes. Will do some research and maybe start a thread for that resort.

Thanks for all the suggestions, although I do now have a very long list of places I'd like to go, particularly Alpbach, Les Saises and San Cassino.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowymum, our full trip is Rome 3 nights, Siena 2 nights, Florence 3 nights Montgenevre and 2 nights Turin then flight home
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Biblu wrote:
I like the look of Corvara and San Cassino but couldn't find hotels in the area*

*only looked on trivago/booking.com

Might just have to accept the fact it's late in the day and book somewhere a little further out of resort and bus/drive to the lifts in the mornings.

Have you looked on here :
https://www.altabadia.org/en/hotel-alps/all-accommodation-alta-badia-dolomites/hotel-accommodation-alta-badia.html

We have stayed in La Villa and Corvara.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy