Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

j2ski.com snow reports

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How accurate is this site? It currently plots 3 feet of snow in the next 7 days in Avoriaz which would be fantastic but contradicts other sites. Anybody know where to find an accurate forecast?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What do the other sites predict in the next 7 days?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow-forecast.com predicts rain in the next 3 days which obviously will do nothing toward laying down almost a metre of snow. The resort site predicts overcast skies in the next 2 days with no mention of snow and Ski Club predicts light snow only. Would have thought that 3 feet of much needed snow in the northern Alps would be plastered over every ski site going.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
At best half that amount forecast for the Tarentaise from the few sites I've looked at.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm out there on 5th March so fingers crossed that it is half accurate then. They must be eternal optimists. Just spotted another j2ski reference from earlier in the season with a similar scenario so maybe it's simply always inaccurate.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It was snowing in Avoriaz when I skied there last week!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How's the skiing then erica2004? Will good conditions last into March if it doesn't dump before then?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wickers, sorry I didn't spot this thread earlier... any snow forecast beyond 48 hours is subject to a high degree of uncertainty. However, we do record the snow reports we get from the resorts, and I just checked back...

Snow depth reported by Avoriaz on the 13th Feb was 120cm (upper) and 105cm (lower).
Snow depth reported by Avoriaz on the 21st Feb was 220cm (upper) and 200cm (lower).

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

If I'm feeling particularly bored in the summer I'll do some number crunching and try to see how we did in retrospect... but we won't always get it right; and beyond 48 hours... Puzzled

But if you're out there next week, I reckon you'd have to be seriously unlucky for it all to melt before you get there! Have a good one...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
J2Dave, Dave, it's tipping down in La Rosiere this am, forecast is for 70cms this week.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David@traxvax, what snow??
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
...and we have a sniff of a "snowfall event of some significance" for at least the Northern French Alps this coming weekend; could be a big one incoming... Cool ...fingers crossed but that's a few days out yet.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mouth, yes, real snow and lots of it!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy