Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chillfactore visit

Poster: A snowHead
@audfart, @brianatab and I will be visiting the CFe on Wednesday May 5th. We are booked for four hours from 1.00pm. There may be one or two other Snowheads joining us. First visit in 12 months. So looking forward to having a slide again. snowHead

Be good to say hello to any other Snowheads who’ll be there. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll try to join you Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Awdbugga, I went snowboarding for a couple of hours last Friday and it felt extremely good the blow the cobwebs away!! Unfortunately I'll be forcing the English language down the ears if students while you're visiting but I hope to go again in the future - I have no snow friends left!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seahoob wrote:
I'll try to join you Very Happy

Good stuff Rick. Maybe see you there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Goofybiscuit wrote:
@Awdbugga, I went snowboarding for a couple of hours last Friday and it felt extremely good the blow the cobwebs away!! Unfortunately I'll be forcing the English language down the ears if students while you're visiting but I hope to go again in the future - I have no snow friends left!

If, as you say, you have no snow friends left. You're more than welcome to join us any time we visit the CFe. If you really do not have any "snow friends", why not sign up to a Snowheads Bash?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Goofybiscuit, as @Awdbugga, says come along on one of the bashes, they are so good I have signed up for every one of them next season!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Seahoob, A few people on here have mentioned the bashes. Definitely worth a thought then? I'm doing Chill Factor visits once a month at the moment so hopefully be able to meet up if we have some blending dates free. Be nice not to be on my tod with a load of nimble young folk who don't need to wear knee supports haha!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Goofybiscuit, you'll fit right in on a bash. The bashes are great fun. You'll never be stuck for someone to ski with and would be made most welcome. I'm doing the PreBirthdayBash and Birthday Bash double again this year. There will be approximately 70 people on the PreBB and 150 on the BB itself. There are currently still spaces on the BB.

@audfart and I normally do one or two visits a month to the CFe. I'll PM you and let you know when we plan on going next. There's a small group of Snowheads who often join us. They all go on the bashes. snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Awdbugga, Just found some discount vouchers for CF that expire on 6/05 so will be there to use them Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Awdbugga, Fab!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wish I could go tomorrow but I'm working and I don't get my first vaccine dosage until next Monday, maybe next time!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Seahoob wrote:
@Awdbugga, Just found some discount vouchers for CF that expire on 6/05 so will be there to use them Very Happy

Great stuff. See you there. snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RichardB wrote:
Wish I could go tomorrow but I'm working and I don't get my first vaccine dosage until next Monday, maybe next time!

Never mind Rich, maybe next time. Confused
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Awdbugga, enjoy... I had a couple of hours at CFe today, not very busy and the snow was excellent. First time on skis since October last year so it was a bit of a steady day. Thoroughly enjoyed it Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kateezdad wrote:
@Awdbugga, enjoy... I had a couple of hours at CFe today, not very busy and the snow was excellent. First time on skis since October last year so it was a bit of a steady day. Thoroughly enjoyed it Smile

Good stuff Paul. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to it. snowHead
snow conditions
Anyone know whether Chilfactore usually offer any good value sessions during their off-peak season, whenever that might be?

I realise things might not be ‘usual’ this summer.
snow conditions
@PeakyB, they usually offer a discounted monthly pass; which is attractive if you live reasonably close. Other than that, I'm not aware of any. Best to follow them on Farcebook or keep checking their web page for special offers.
snow conditions
@Awdbugga, thanks. I don’t live near but have the excuse that son does, while he’s at Uni in Manchester.

I could be lured into a summer visit by a half price Chilfactore session, amongst the many other attractions of the city. Very Happy
ski holidays
Great four hour session today with @audfart, @brianatab, @aewynia, @bigburd and @seahoob.

It was pretty quiet in there. Tables outside for food and drink.

snow conditions
@Awdbugga, Glad it was fun! Ping me next time you go - I'd love to join with my board and extremely essential knee supports!
snow report
@Goofybiscuit, yep, no probs. Will do.
snow conditions
Do you pick holes in peoples technique, verbally assault their choice of gear, call them fat and suggest skinning up for additional exercise or reprimand them for a lack of helmet use?

Asking for a friend.
snow report
Good to se y'all Very Happy
latest report
homers double wrote:
Do you pick holes in peoples technique, verbally assault their choice of gear, call them fat and suggest skinning up for additional exercise or reprimand them for a lack of helmet use?

Asking for a friend.

Yes, is that a problem?

Nah, if you'd ever seen me ski and also seen the gaudy colours I wear, you"d realise I am in no position to criticise others. The words pot and kettle would immediately spring to mind if I did. Laughing
snow report
homers double wrote:

Can't you get all that here ? You don't even need to leave the house.
snow conditions
@Awdbugga, I'm not surprised it was quiet. Your group probably scared everyone else away Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 6-05-21 14:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@MorningGory, "Helter Skelter!!" Shocked Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Link for the video.

http://youtube.com/v/C0TyTnfrEw8

Shame about the flashing from the lights, frame rate must be too close to the neon frequency.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shame about the flashing from the lights, frame rate must be too close to the neon frequency.[/quote]

No it was me fixing my bindings with an arc welder!

What a parade of elegance, look out southern Snowheads!
snow conditions
Haven't been to the ChillfactorE for a very long time, but I remember it being very crowded - where have all the people gone? If that's what it's like now I may start going again.
snow report
@MikeM, it is going to get slightly busier than that from Monday Mike, because they have announced that from Monday they are going to allow group bookings. I think the pfaff of still having to get changed in your car is putting a lot of people off.
ski holidays
@Goofybiscuit, hello! If you do happen to join us next time - do let us know. I’ll dust the cobwebs off my beginner snowboard (alongside my skis) and actually try to see if I can remember how to snowboard... if you don’t mind a beginner/noobie slider asking for tips/tagging along... the others might laugh at my sitting/kneeling down....a lot! Madeye-Smiley Laughing
latest report
brianatab wrote:
Link for the video.

http://youtube.com/v/C0TyTnfrEw8

Shocked Awdbugga looking MUCH better.
Keep your head up, more ankle flex.

Next step is adding separation and work those edges for short turns...you'll need them for Vulcano wink

http://youtube.com/v/_--sS-R68Eg&ab_channel=DebArmstrong
snow conditions
@AL9000,
Quote:

Next step is adding separation and work those edges for short turns...you'll need them for Vulcano

Straight line tuck that one. wink
snow report
@PeakyB,

@AL9000, has been promising to take me down Vulcano for the past three years. I'm still waiting rolling eyes

He says "definitely" this next BB. So he's waited until after I've had a heart attack before he finally throws me down Vulcano. What a mate!!! Laughing wink
snow report
@Awdbugga, Laughing
@AL9000 isn’t a beneficiary in your will I hope?

Joking aside, from my recollection of Vulcano, you need your wits about you but it didn’t feel dangerous or too scary *.
One or two of the bits of red graded pistes on the route there from Arabba (clockwise) felt more challenging; narrow, adverse camber, seems popular with folks for a group chat and fag, right in the middle rolling eyes

Vulcano is good to do but I’d be careful who is behind you wink

* temps of -10c, if piste was hard pack, would be a game changer though and I’d probably stay away from it then.
ski holidays
@Awdbugga, Damn! Didn't know about your health condition. Shocked

In that case, I guess we'll just have to stop off at a rifugio for drinks n snacks and chill out in the sun before downloading in the cable car.
'Oh dear ... What a shame!' Cool
snow report
PeakyB wrote:
Joking aside, from my recollection of Vulcano, you need your wits about you but it didn’t feel dangerous or too scary .

+1
Apart from the short steep section at the top, it's a lovely run when the snow is right. Practically empty due to it's reputation.
However, it's long and quite tiring....unless, as you recommended, you straight line it Laughing
snow report
We’ll be back in the CFe again on Wednesday 9th of June for four hours. We’ve not booked slots yet in case they decide to open up in the mornings again before then. But if not, we’ll be there from 1.00 until 5.00.

So far there’s myself, @audfart and @aewynia going, but I suspect more will join us again.

Anyone else fancy dusting off their skis or snowboards are more than welcome to join us for a slide.
snow conditions
The Chillfactore have confirmed their new opening times as of June 7th will be. -

Main Slope opening times are:

Monday 10:00 - 18:00

Tuesday 10:00 - 18:00

Wednesday 13:00 - 21:00

Thursday 13:00 - 21:00

Friday 13:00 - 21:00

Saturday 08:00 - 18:00

Sunday 08:00 - 18:00

So we'll be there from 1.00 until 5.00 on Wednesday 9th of June.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy