Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

piesendorf,zell am see,kaprun

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
there has been a lot of talk as to wether or not a ski lift system would be built in Piesendorf in Austria.....well here you are snow heads.

http://www.schmitten.at/index.php?id=242&L=1

it is being built to help with the high demand at the bottom of the arite bahn lift....i have heard a rumour that the future plans are to link kaprun/maiskogel to the new pieasendorf lift which will connect to the zell am see ski system.

just think no more driving upto kaprun...you could start in zell an get upto kaprun and back down........how would they do it, checkout obergurgl/hochgurgl
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
extremesportsboy wrote:
you could start in zell an get upto kaprun and back down
Would need the mother of all lifts and a few more. Not viable.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow, that would indeed be a hell of a lift investment - quite apart from the 3km peak to peak cable car needed to get from Piesendorf to Maiskogel which would effectively shut down Zell airport, they'd need to put in about 6 lifts just to link Maiskogel to the Kitzsteinhorn, so somehow I can't see that happening.

Even if the link from Piesendorf to Maiskogel was done at ground level, it's a 2km wide valley floor at that point, and as much as I love it, Maiskogel just isn't worth the effort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The project to build lifts on the Hochsonnberg from Piesendorf, linking to the Schmittenhöhe has been approved in the first instance, in Salzburger Land (with building planned to start in 2012, completion in 2015). Objections to the scheme could still be pressed at national level. Details, in German, can be seen at seilbahn.net.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weird, I walked down there on Wednesay, thinking uplift would be useful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No, no. Walking up you're supposed to sweat - gets you fit for the skiing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Trying to work out how they would connect Piesendorf to maiskogel and then maiskogel to Kaprun/Kitzsteinhorn.

http://www.bergfex.at/schmittenhoehe-zellamsee/panorama/

Even if they were linked wouldn't lower snow levels have to be good to ensure a working link? Obergurgl/hochgurgl are much more snow secure than the maiskogel and the top express link there is significantly higher than the maiskogel peak.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think the Piesendorf to Maiskogel lift would be purely a linking lift, without any piste in either direction. I believe that it would be possible to link the Kitzsteinhorn to the Maiskogel, though I don't know any details off-hand of how it is planned.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In general I'm all for new gondolas and chairs on the mountainside where they are needed so I am glad that the Hochsonnberg looks like it is going ahead. ZamS is a lovely town and a very pretty setting though skiing wise it needs a bit more to it in this age of the mega resort.

A lift across the valley would just be pointless and ugly. Pleasant as the runs on the Maiskogel are, I agree with ousekjarr that their addition to the lift system at Zell would not be worth the cost?

If it is possible I would rather see the money spent on trying to bring runs down from the Kitzsteinhorn to the Maiskogel. At roughly 2300m vertical it would be a real attraction! snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
robboj wrote:
A lift across the valley would just be pointless and ugly.

I agree. But maybe the link would be made as a tram system or something similar, which might not be quite such an eye-sore. Quite likely it will never come anyhow.

EDIT: Spelling Embarassed I felt something was wrong!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Progress has been made on the Piesendorf Zell am See extension
https://www.schmitten.at/en/service/press/press-articles/the-hochsonnberg-project_p4015
looks like another 5 years away but one legal issue still to be cleared according to this link
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.seilbahn.net/sn/index.php?i=60&kat=&j=1&news=3587

Shows proposed lift plans and pistes etc for the Piesendorf - Zell am See Schmitten extension
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy