Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adjusting Salomon Smartrack Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick question (well actually two) which hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will be able to answer!

I am moving on my old Salomon skis which have Z12 bindings mounted on the Smartrack system. I currently have them set up for my 28.5 mondopoint boots and I have a buyer who is interested and has 29 mondopoint boots (not sure of exact BSL).

I know that bindings mounted to ski bases can't be moved much if at all to accommodate new boots but the Smartrack system seems to be a rail attached to the base. Therefore is it possible to adjust the heel of the binding to accommodate larger or smaller boots without drilling the bases?

Also slightly related, the new skis I have are set up for the same 28.5 boots with a BSL of 326mm. I also have some Technica Cochise boots which are also 28.5 but have a BSL of 330mm I believe. They do fit and click into the bindings but is there likely to be an issue with release if needed as the boots are slightly longer than set and could I adjust them if the old boots give up the ghost if so!

Many thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Smartrack system will fit any boot length from 257mm to 380mm.

Adjust the toe position on scale to suit the sole length of the boot but don't trust the heel scale. The correct distance between the bindings has been achieved when the forward pressure indicator (the inverted arrow V) on the left side of the upper heel housing points within the three scribed lines on the top of the lower rail when the boot is installed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@spyderjon, perfect, thanks!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy