Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ortovox Zoom+/3+ package deals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to get either the Zoom+ or 3+ as a package (shovel and probe included), anyone know of any good deals on at the moment? The best I can seem to find is £189 for the Zoom or £259 for the 3, both on Snowsafe.

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@someblokecalledjack, I bought mine from Tim and Snow Sheppard - He is a great guy and worth phoning. I would also say make sure the shovel isnt plastic.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@someblokecalledjack, I've PM'd you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a 3+ and it is good. However, in a recent test (EOSB) I was amazed at how much better the Mammut pulse Barryvox was. In my hands and others, the Ortovox had a few redirections (only a few seconds each). Everyone that tried the Mammut was amazed at how it locked on and you could run round the lines and get right to the buried casualty/pack.

You may want to consider that as well.

Good shovel are essential and if possible get the longer 3m probe.

All of the above is just my personal experience and I'm no transceiver expert.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Couldn't find much cheaper, other than refurbished on eBay, when I was looking a month or two ago. I decided to sit it out a bit longer to see if any special offers came up!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GlasgowCyclops, I'm with you on the Mammut Barryvox Pulse, I've had one for a few years. I've had more than one guide accuse me of cheating when performing a Transceiver search test before heading out, as I effectively walked straight to the buried Transceiver.

I did some field testing with the Barryvox Pulse, Pipes DSP Pro, BCA Tracker 3 and Ortovox S1+, and found the Pulse to be easiest to use and most consistent.

@manicpb, I would wait and see if anything comes up in the Black Friday sales next week.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 15-11-17 21:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I believe Mammut will have a new version so the Pulse may be on sale soon. So expect bargains on the older one.

http://www.mammutavalanchesafety.com/2017/03/new-mammut-barryvox-and-barryvoxs.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@GlasgowCyclops, Correct, I've got a Barryvox S on order Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy