Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort recommendation for very mixed group

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I am looking for resort recommendations for some quite specific but simple requirements - if anyone can point me in the direction of places that tick all the boxes that'd be great!

Dec 16th so can't be too low down
Catered chalet
Ski-in chalets (or VERY close) as half of us won't be hitting the apres (much) so need easy route to the lifts and home
Very close to nursery slope/piou piou for a 4yr old first timer - ideally where we can ski back to the same area at lunchtime for pick-up

Think La Tania but somewhere else - simply because I have been there quite a few times and looking for a change. Tx in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RobJsy, Meribel? Or is that too close to La Tania? La Plagne?
What sort of skiing/boarding does the party like or dislike? Big area/not bothered? Lively/quiet? Budget? Prefer France or flexible? snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take a look at Grimentz val D Anniviers, gondola up to plateu for nursery and meeting up to lunch / pickup.

It's got a good chance of snow being good as the main skiing is far up above the village to give you the altitude you need for decent coverage. You may have to lift download but it's so easy there if need be.

Also Champery on the PdS domain, same again with mountain village but with huge uplift to ski plateu for best chance of snow cover and downlift if required.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We still have space in our chalet Bon Vie in Plagne Village which ticks all your boxes - £299per adult £199 per child fully catered in our snowsale

It's at 2020m so very high altitude (and already has loads of snow around it), catered chalet, ski-in ski-out, complimentary bar (incase you'd rather hit the apres at home) and is very close to ski school.

Drop me an email if you think it would suit - heather@ice-fire.co.uk - and I'll do you a proper quote, link to the chalet on our website etc.

Happy planning!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Prefer France or flexible?

Catered chalet tends to equate to France. And if you like that formula (we did, for family holidays, before we bought our apartment) a hotel just doesn't tick the same boxes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pam w, France definitely still dominates chalet style holidays. But a growing number of chalets or chalet hotels in Italy and Austria, for example.
Must say that La Plagne deal above would tempt me in the OPs circumstances. snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RobJsy wrote:
Hi all

I am looking for resort recommendations for some quite specific but simple requirements - if anyone can point me in the direction of places that tick all the boxes that'd be great!

Dec 16th so can't be too low down
Catered chalet
Ski-in chalets (or VERY close) as half of us won't be hitting the apres (much) so need easy route to the lifts and home
Very close to nursery slope/piou piou for a 4yr old first timer - ideally where we can ski back to the same area at lunchtime for pick-up

Think La Tania but somewhere else - simply because I have been there quite a few times and looking for a change. Tx in advance

Well apart from the 'catered chalet' bit then consider colfosco in the dolomites. If you find a hotel close to the run down from the col pradat, then it's pretty much ski in/out. good beginner area / kids club in front of all the hotels. PAssable apres (austrian style) up at the edelweiss, complete with the obligatory ski home in the 'almost' dark at the end of the night.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy