Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Herminator

Poster: A snowHead
When you watch the speed events on the box, somewhat emasculated by the way tv fails to portray the speed effectively and flattens the gradients, cast your mind back to the last time a Frenchman won the Olympic downhill, Nagano in 1998.

We often hear of the Herminator's horrific motorcycle accident and his battle back to fitness - but who remembers his incredible crash in the same race that Jean-Luc Crétier took the Olympic title?

THE crash (Windows Media Player, high speed)

THE crash (Real Player, high speed)

And then think that he picked himself up, and won gold medals in Super G and Giant Slalom just days later....

Hermann Maier had the flu yesterday - and still didn't do so badly. Who would write him off for a podium or two before these Games are finished...

Anyone read his biography?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG, I was hoping to get the biography for xmas, but no-one bought it for me. Sad I shall have to buy it for myself for my next skiing trip read. I would love The Herminator to win something Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IncogSkiSno, my copy is on the way from Amazon right now....took a couple of weeks to dispach though
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM, Have you read Bodie Miller's yet? I might get that too. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IncogSkiSno, no can't stand the bloke, but i have ordered Alain Baxters biography
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, Ah yes, I might have to get 3 books for my trip then Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IncogSkiSno, order them sharpish amazon are being a bit slow at present....unless you have another place to get them
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, I have 4 weeks until my trip, I don't usually order online, is it much cheaper then?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM, You should know that IncogSkiSnot, fancies Bodie Miller rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
IncogSkiSno, not really looked elsewhere, but your average waterstones did not have either in stock at Xmas
snowbunny, why?????
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM,
Quote:

snowbunny, why?????

Nowt as strange as folk...as they allegedly say oop north Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowbunny, I have gone off him a bit lately actually rolling eyes But I will still buy the book, unless someone tells me it's not worth reading.

PG - sorry we seem to have hi-jacked your thread Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
IncogSkiSno, feel free! I'll start a Bode one elsewhere, if you like wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, Oh no, it will only enourage IncogSkiSno, Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG, It might help if I could spell his name correctly in the first place Embarassed
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, stalkers .....know your victim (or at least how to spell his name)
latest report
CEM, Laughing Embarassed Laughing

snowbunny, Perhaps we should have a pin-ups thread on Apres, the boys all need a good dousing with cold water. We have had scarpa's and Masque's fancy women, and now the guys are going week at the knees for the Mogul chicks rolling eyes
snow report
IncogSkiSno, problem with the mogul chicks as you call them is that in 10 years time they will all be recovering from several rounds of spinal surgery and new knee caps........that to me is just too high maintenance
snow conditions
IncogSkiSno,
Quote:

snowbunny, Perhaps we should have a pin-ups thread on Apres, the boys all need a good dousing with cold water

I do agree with your assessment here rolling eyes Get one going, and see what happens Toofy Grin
ski holidays
CEM,
Quote:

that to me is just too high maintenance

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Watch it, I was once exchanged for a lower mileage model Twisted Evil
ski holidays
CEM, Laughing Yeah, but you're a tight wad jock - say no more! wink Twisted Evil
ski holidays
snowbunny, IncogSkiSno, neither of you ladies are recovering from spinal surgery following a bumps skiing career ...are you??
snow report
CEM, You were right about the book. Waterstones have ordered it for me, but they are not sure if they are getting any in as they are arriving from the States. Confused
ski holidays
The Crash is incredible. To get up an win gold a couple of days later is almost beyond belief. -Respect
snow conditions
I'm reading it right now. I think it's an excellent read along the lines of 'Its not about the bike' Which is another highly recommended read.
I got it from thebookdepository but ordered through Amazon. Came in three days.
Don't bother with the high street. It's rubbish...
latest report
CEM wrote:
IncogSkiSno, problem with the mogul chicks as you call them is that in 10 years time they will all be recovering from several rounds of spinal surgery and new knee caps........that to me is just too high maintenance

.... but it does mean that it will be difficult for them to escape hehehe.

For the record Traa is not my type.
snow report
Scarpa wrote:

You have got to be joking.......right Puzzled Even you aint that weird wink
latest report
snowskisnow, every time I see the word Traa I can't help but vision Dr Zoidberg saying Kraaw
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CEM, Why on earth would you think you'd have to maintain anyone? Bl**dy cheek! Shock

I can't bear to watch that crash anymore - hurts too much. Herminator is totally amazing and deserves everything he gets in the way of medals. I don't suppose any other sportsman or woman has ever come back from more serious injury.
latest report
easiski, read thye comments, nothing to do with Hermann Little Angel Little Angel
snow conditions
easiski, Clearly CEM, thinks women are an expensive lot,....too expensive Twisted Evil
latest report
snowbunny, no no no , i just know what a career in bumps skiing does to your body....compresses vertibrae, trashes knees etc etc.
snow conditions
CEM,
Quote:

snowbunny, no no no , i just know what a career in bumps skiing does to your body....compresses vertibrae, trashes knees etc etc.

Just teasing...but then again you ARE a Scotsman Toofy Grin
ski holidays
snowskisnow wrote:
Scarpa wrote:

You have got to be joking.......right Puzzled Even you aint that weird wink

Oh - she's cute enough - but looks too wholesome. I go for the rock chick / goth girl look.
snow conditions
easiski, i think that Greg Lemonds comeback to win the Tour de France after a horrible hunting accident and Armstrong's comeback after the cancer are maybe in the same league? The Herminator is fantastic, but is hardly the first sportsman to overcome a crippling injury (that is crippling for the normal human being)
snow conditions
sugardaddy, ...and Nikki Lauda's return wasn't bad either!
ski holidays
From memory - didn't they move one of the gates and he wasn't told about it, which was the reason for the crash ?
latest report
sugardaddy, I'm not sure that cancer can be put in the same league. Armstrong wasn't right at the top when he got it - he "made it" afterwards (at least as far as the T de F is concerned). I don't know too much about Greg Lamond's accident, but Hermann .... The docs were insisting they cut off his leg - it was completely smashed (not broken) - it was in little pieces - he refused and look at what he's done since .... big respect
snow conditions
Back to skiing books.....can totally say that Baxter's book is well worth a read. Well written and really great stuff about his early days in Scotland.
snow report
Jake,

got to agree, i know the guy personally so it makes it even more remarkable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy