Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saturday to Saturday over Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m looking toward Christmas 2018 and wondering if the Saturday to Saturday lodging ‘restriction’ still applies in most resorts over that period? Or is Christmas to New Year bookings preferred by the tour operators and accomodation owners?
Specifically will I have to book 22nd to 29th of December?
Which resorts would be most snow sure (good snowmaking) and have a good Christmas vibe that time of year? We are coming from Australia so we are open to any country that has major international airport. Munich, Milan, Geneva most likely.
Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No reason to not be Sat to Sat - only generally gets disturbed when Xmas Eve or Day falls on the weekend.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Think most of the TO's will be back to Sat-Sat (or Sun-Sun) next year. They only vary it when xmas or NY fall on the weekend, like this year and last. New Year is a very busy week and they can generally fill Sat-Sat set up so you might have trouble finding anything different. Xmas isn't usually as busy but chance of booking different start/finish dates will be affected by the popularity of NY. Your best bet for that would probably be booking independently rather than TO.
Both weeks are early n the season and snow cover can be an issue. Best advice is go high as that gives you the best chance of decent conditions. Places like Tignes, 3valleys, ect. You might get lucky lower or unlucky high but you might as well try and stack the deck a bit. Troubl is high resorts aren't the most christmassy... so a good reason to go there IMO Toofy Grin Which also makes me not the bast person to comment on that aspect. Baa, humbug, etc Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always find the French purpose built resorts a bit underwhelming for Christmas atmosphere. I would go for an Austrian village or town. I am biased towards Mayrhofen which is really lovely over Christmas. But others on here will have some good suggestions for chocolate box villages.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sbooker, A lot of the French apartments are still only rented out on a Saturday to Saturday basis, especially through the local rental agencies and tourist offices.
You can find places on booking.com or maybe Expedia that offer flexible dates and durations, some also offer free cancellation up until a week or two before the start of your holiday so that maybe an option.
The last 2 years in France were particularly poor at Christmas and only the higher resorts had enough coverage to make buying a lift pass worthwhile.
Hopefully this (and next) season will be better.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Although we are not renting out this year, we only rent out sat - sat. Our cleaners and keyholder are geared up for it. You then have to lose a weeks booking to get back to sat - sat again. When people have asked for mid week to mid week in the past they suddenly lose their interest when the answer is 'fine but you will have to pay for two weeks'.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are extremely lucky in that our management can handle non-Sat changeovers, but for high weeks (NY, 1/2 term) we would stick to Sat-Sat.

For Christmas week, we can be flexble as it’s usually the first week of the season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy