Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier mid-December, a viable alternative base?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im thinking of a short ski trip to 4-Valleys around the 16th December. Having stayed in Verbier and Le Chable on numerous occasions, a change of valley base is appealing. So there’s Nendaz, Veysonnaz, Thyon or La Tzoumaz. But are these risky prospects early season? The higher altitude skiing is over the Verbier side. How easy is it to transfer between the valleys if some of lower pistes are closed? Advice welcome.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skidm, it could work if the snow is good low down but it’s certainly risky. I’d say you want to be in Le Chable / Verbier or Nendaz with transport to get to Siviez. That way you can easily get high quickly. Skiing from Nendaz / La Tzoumaz / Thyon / Veysonnaz adds time in both directions and frankly the skiing isn’t worth it IMHO, especially if the snow isn’t great.

It rained to 2000m yesterday and everything melted below that. Above Ruinettes (2200m) was great. That could easily happen again.

You can get across from La Tzoumaz by (slow) lifts and from Nendaz to Siviez by bus. Thyon/Veysonnaz is drag lifts so not possible
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Bob, good info. Just checked out the bus timetable for Nendaz-Siviez. It runs every half hour and takes 20 mins. Then it’s the Tortin lift up to 2000m+. Nendaz just might be a goer!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dumped in Verbier last night, some 16cm in the first 2 hours https://www.facebook.com/VerbierSuisse/photos/a.571188242974577.1073741830.124656787627727/1592388457521212/?type=3&theater
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nendaz heavily invested in Snow Cannons last year and the link to Siviez was open all season. With Nendaz being North facing the final runs to the resort are pretty secure. Incidentally, Mont Fort and Les Gentianes run are belong to Nendaz NOT Verbier!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I like Nendaz but people often dismiss it over the connection by piste into the main areas via Siviez.

I've only visited first two weeks of January and always skied the link, so for me no problems. It's a very good sector to ski I feel.

Nendaz has quite a lot of choice regarding accommodation and pricing so you should be able to match something up there, it's a quick cabin ride up from village centre with nice runs down at days end. Well worth considering.

There's also, but less choice, accommodation to stay at Siviez itself which is really the hub of those northern sector parts of the 4V domain, so very convenient for anything that side. Also it's only a single chair ride up to the main two lifts to the peaks between Verbier and the rest, so very easy to work with.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just as background, this was the Savoleyres-La Tzoumaz sector early December last year. And yes, it was that empty.

But as indicated by @BobinCH, only the upper slopes were open because the last part of the run to the télécabine in the village was grass. And I suspect they were also preserving the lower slopes for Christmas.

This summer, there has been a massive investment in snow cannons in this sector and the Nendaz Prarion area. So if the latter are in operation, then it may be a better bet than La Tzoumaz. I'll be in LTZ again early December, for our pre-season apartment check so will post on conditions then.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went mid Dec last year and although runs to Nendaz were officially closed, they were easily skiable right to within 5 yds of the gondola. Heading out 16th Dec for 2 weeks this year with fingers crossed this early snow continues. Anyone else out there on those dates? Staying in Verbier week 1 and Cotterg week 2. Happy to hook up for skiing/ and apres 🍻
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy