Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading off to Chamonix in February, with a friend of mine, just wondering if anyone had ant tips/advice on the area and nightlife etc. eg. best runs, best places to eat.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I enjoyed Chamonix basically any Mountain I’ve been, though my favourite was Vallorcine (you can reach from Le tour as perhaps bc was the men only skiing day Happy ). Great runs at Brevent, Les Houches though. Probably if you provided your preferences some people can provide more tips.

For eating, I recommend la tablee restaurant.

Nightlife I have no input though interested in advice as well since going again in less than a week on my own Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@george.crewe, welcome to SHs Happy - have a look at the the search function, lots of Cham threads. Recent ones still valid.

And there’s already a Cham 17/18 thread for weather, etc. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gustavobs, Not sure there is much in the way of night life in Vallorcine, great place to ski though.
@george.crewe, Welcome to SHs.
It'll be busyin Feb. I suggest you park yourself at one area ( Brevent/ Flegere/Le Tour or Grand Montet) for the day. It is possible to get between them fairly easily on the bus but its a bit of a pain as you have to descend back to the valley.

Brevent and Flegere on the same aspect gets lots of sun ( when it is out). Le Tour ( links with Vallorcine) lots of open ski areas, generally less steep than Grand Montet ( Argentiere). GM, not true north facing but huge amount of skiing.Gm goes fairly high and is the most snowsure. Some OK pistes but this is where people tend to come to for off piste. Be aware some of it is on Glacier so all the caveats apply : guide, appropriate equipment etc.
The Vallee Blanche is def worth a look. There are routes of varying difficulty - its all on glacier so you should get a guide.

Do you know where you are staying? Getting around the valley at night tricky without a car.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@george.crewe, It depends what you want from your nightlife. Cham is a decent size town with lots of bars and restaurants. Not sure on nightclubs etc if that's your thing. Feb is busy, so you'll have a ball.

The ski areas aren't linked, so we tend to do a different area each day, then revisit them depending on who prefered what and what the weather had done.

Just go and explore and not worry about doing this run or that one. you'll probably do most of them anyway
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy