Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Funniest quotes overheard at a resort

Poster: A snowHead
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Funniest quote from today:

"Watch this" by Lindsey Jacobellis... Laughing
14 hours and I got it Laughing Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, at last!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got a call from a buddy that went up to Champery today - "its cold" really
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
"So how do they make moguls then?"
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
conor wrote:
"So how do they make moguls then?"
You know what moles do to lawns in the UK. In the alps I imagine that the moles are bigger and more numerous.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
" Ive got a musical beaver" - Vicky after receiving a yodelling marmotte for her secret santa

"I dont like Champagne, its too strong for me, can I have cider in it instead"- retard guest asking us for a cider based Kir Royale, brummie!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
conor, A client once told me there was a type of piste basher that made moguls. Kind of a piste machine crossed with a spider. On the end of the spiders legs were huge upturned cups that spin around to make the bumps. Guess where he came from? Little Angel
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have actually been asked that mogul question. Having said that, I might ask my own silly question now: do they make competion moguls, if so how and is there a standard size for competition moguls?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
conor, this actually came up at coffee this morning. Our coach, when working a season in New Hampshire, joined in the work party making a mogul run one say. The piste basher piled up the snow, then the pisties rounded the piles over. Competition mogul runs are definitely artificial. No ideas whether there's any standardisation or not.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have just been Googling for how to make moguls. No real results, but Pistenbull has SNOWtronic that seem to allow mogul making, plus other snow shapes. Searching their website for "snowtronic" gives more description but I found no real details. Google images shows a few pictures but, again, I found no real details.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"It's going to be a great day off piste today - it's level 5" Shocked Shocked Shocked

Um - not funny that one - had to explain what level 5 meant.

"Where's the lift?" from someone who'd followed me and my mate on our route home below the resort.

"This is a strange run - you don't normally have to cross a road" - once again, someone following us off piste.

"Catch that child for me please" from a distressed mother whos kid was following someone else dressed in the same gear and the kid was much quicker than the mother.

"I wish my skis didn't keep coming off when I fall over" rolling eyes - what? they'd like them to stay on!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2 Friends conversation when in Passo Tonale a few weeks ago, talking about their wedding lst

Shopkeeper "Have you considered Denby?"

Girl "No, I've got a Denby Set"

Shopkeeper "Ah, but this is Denby China...."

Girl "That looks like something you get at a Church Tea"

Boy "Naw, that looks like something you get at a fillin station Shocked "

Shopkeeper SPEECHLESS
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
conor wrote:
I have actually been asked that mogul question. Having said that, I might ask my own silly question now: do they make competion moguls, if so how and is there a standard size for competition moguls?

Lots of hard manual work. They mark out each line with stubbies then lots of volunteers slowly turn round them. Takes about a week to build up a world cup mogul course.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"How do Haggis balance and how do you trap them? Is it humane?

Anyone want to guess the nationality?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How to make moguls.

FIS specifies the layout of mogul slopes in these PDF files. But these diagrams do not specify an individual mogul. The Freestyle general rules and regulations document (PDF from elsewehere on the FIS site) refers to a "FIS Freestyle Course Standards Manual" in the quote below, but I have not found that document

Quote:
4202 The Mogul Course
4202.1.2 General Characteristics of the Mogul Site
The Mogul site must be uniformly covered in moguls, with a reasonably constant pitch and fall-line, free of obstacles, with satisfactory snow cover. The site must also conform to specifications contained in the FIS Freestyle Course Standards Manual.
snow conditions
A pal and I were staying in a chalet in Arabba, there were about a dozen guests and we were all two's or three's, no kids etc. There was a young couple who were very quiet, skied by themselves, went to bed early etc etc. The rest of us were quite lively and meal time was quite a laugh. Young couple drank water I might add and were very very sensible.

You may have had to be there to get this fully but here goes:

One evening after we had all finished our main meal we were passing the empties back round the table to the chalet host who asked the female of the young couple if she had finished?

Reply was a loud 'no not yet - pause - Nigel ( name changed to protect the innocent ) is still licking my plate.

All of us just erupted, there was wine and tears all over the place. I had to go outside with my mate as we could not control ourselves.
snow report
CP, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
On a cold morning last year in a gondala in schladming acouple were struggling to generate any enthusiasm from their 4 year old son. Father turns to wife says '
This is the last year I go skiing with a 4 year old'. smart guy...
ski holidays
I forgot about a converation I had with someone in Whistler a few years ago.

"The road to the resort needs upgraded for the Olympics"

You need to have been there to understand this one, a very wide highway runs right to the resort which compared to the goat tracks up to your average french resort is something of a luxury.
latest report
proog99, not that wide, and often single carriageway, I think having seen a fatal crash on it, I'd agree with that one. The roads to Albertville and Turin for example, are autoroute.
snow report
The Sea to sky Whistler road gets multiple fatalities on it every winter - city drivers, kids, everyone lulled into a false sense of security just because it doesn't switchback 50 times. They may be able to drive Stretch limos up there but its far froma safe road.
latest report
Having showed an elderly relation of mine the photos of my recent trip to Morzine, she commented, 'There are a lot of mountains aren't there.' rolling eyes
ski holidays
people at school make double pole pushing motions - errrr what do you think all the LIFTS are for, and why am I a DOWNHILL skier?!?!?! And the slight presence of MOUNTAINS!!!???
Retards. rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy