Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute ski holiday in France for 2 people

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are looking to book a ski holiday in a catered chalet. We are flexible with dates and resorts in France, and were wondering if it's best to wait until last minute to book our next ski holiday.
As we are a couple we would need a double room in a catered chalet.
Has anyone had any experience with book for a group of 2 last minute? Any suggestions and tips on how to get a good deal?

Last year I booked DIY holiday which cost us £650 each for everything excluding spending money. We would like to keep costs fairly similar this year but not sure whether to wait for ski package deal or look for another DIY deal this year again...

Any help would be appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Before we had kids the wife and I would always book catered chalets at the last min. We always tended to book direct rather than through any other website. Mid Jan is always quiet and cheap and there will be plenty of selection from a variety of price points. You should easily be able to find something for the budget of last year. Ski Beat are offering some pretty decent deals right now. Le Ski is always a good option too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try the solutions room in https://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/category-view.asp You can also try ringing around Crystal etc. a few days before you want to go to see what they can offer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @karolina3793,

We run a little chalet company in the Paradiski area - www.ice-fire.co.uk

We have spaces for 16-23rd December remaining which are reduced down to £299 per person, fully catered. Which would give you a good budget left for flights, transfers, lift passes and ski hire (we get discounts on passes and ski hire for that week)

Drop me an email via the website if you think we can help. . .

Best wishes,
Heather
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow and Sunshine wrote:
Hi @karolina3793,

We run a little chalet company in the Paradiski area - www.ice-fire.co.uk

We have spaces for 16-23rd December remaining which are reduced down to £299 per person, fully catered. Which would give you a good budget left for flights, transfers, lift passes and ski hire (we get discounts on passes and ski hire for that week)

Drop me an email via the website if you think we can help. . .

Best wishes,
Heather

How much are the lift passes and ski hire for that week?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SkiWorld is a major chalet operator and has a very honest web page detailing last minute discounted holidays.

We used them several times without incident.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes - two people travelling from one of the main UK airports, flexible on destination, have the optimum chance of good last minute deals. The best we ever got involved driving, as flights were full - but was brilliant value. First cheap week in January - you can't go wrong, really.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry if I missed when you were planning to go but in January last year a company called Silverski were doing very good deals, as were Rocketski.....though they (Rocketski) often have school parties staying so bear that in mind when you look at the headline price of a very good priced holiday to their Serre Chevalier property for examples
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
By good with Silverski I mean under 249 for flights, transfers and chalet board to La Plagne in mid January, though no guarantee same deals will be available this year!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy