Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructing in Switzerland/Valais area

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if New Gen only hire ISTD instructors? It doesn't specifically say that on their website but appears to be so

Looking for work this winter around the Valais area and northern Italy but only qualified as L2 - any suggestions from snowhead instructors? Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
New Gen run a work-and-train programme for L2s aspiring to be L3s:

https://www.instructorcourses.skinewgen.com/ski-instructor-courses/isia/work/

Historically this was in Switzerland but looks like only in St Anton now.

There are quite a few schools that offer work to L2s in Switzerland though. Are you wanting to do a whole season or just peak weeks?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm open but probably peak weeks. I've made a list of a few places but not sure if I'm missing more or if some of them only hire ISTD, or French speaking instructors etc

So far I have NewGen, European Snowports, Nendaz, Altitude, Neige Adventure & Les Elfes. Know of any that I'm missing, and do you have any experience with any of them?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've no direct experience, but depending on how fixed you are on that specific area Snowtraxx, Interski and TM Ski could also go on your list. There are a few more on the BASI jobs board if you search based on what's available in Switzerland:

http://jobs.basi.org.uk

ES would be high on my list if I was considering a season as I know other instructors who've had a good time with them, but that's not to say that the others aren't also good.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@moseyp, I did see a while back that Neige Aventure were hiring, I'm sure they hire at L2 and its not necessary to be fluent in French, but to teach children you'd have to speak their mother tongue, but many of their adult clients speak English (i.e.the Dutch), they also like people who want the peak weeks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ESS in Morgins (VS) used to have a few British qualified instructors - no idea if its still the case, bit it costs nothing to ask.
Might be worth asking M3S too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @kieranm and @Swissie, I'll try some of them. Thanks @WindOfChange, was thinking about PdS too

Anyone else with suggestions/experience?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not directly relevant to you but Mrs t_m is L2 and works for Altitude in Wengen. They are a good employer.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@moseyp, my stepson and his girlfriend (both L2 instructors) worked for Summit in Zermatt last season. They are both very experienced (had already done one season in Japan, two in the USA, and two in NZ by last year with excellent references). I don't think Summit normally would consider L2-but worth a punt if your CV looks good.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @telford_mike, will try them

@Perty, they did not! Thanks anyway
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Unlikely to get work for the whole season at this late stage
.High season in February is more realistic
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^^^^ Hi Jill, see you soon!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello looking forward to the season should be a good one see you soon Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@moseyp for high season try Swiss Ski School Saas Fee
Eskimo Saas Fee
Optimum Saas Fee

Worth a try as they all employ foreign instructors.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@moseyp, for English speaking Verbier would be worth a look. Loads of British instructors and guests. Try Performance and Altitude for starters. Pretty sure our kids instructors didn’t speak French.
snow report
Thanks @BobinCH, didn't have Performance on my list
latest report
@moseyp, are you male or female?

It makes a difference at this stage....if female then Optimum in Saas Fee would be a very good chance indeed.

Verbier....both my youths have taught there for many seasons...so:

L2 friendly: Swiss Ski School, Altitude, Adrenaline, European Snowsports, La Fantastique, Les Elfes

L3 as a minimum (except in very special circumstances): New Gen, Performance, Element, Powder Extreme (L4)

I think you have almost certainly left it too late for full season work, you should be able to pick up a peak period offer.

If you have Adaptive L2 then PM me immediately please (if not then don't)
latest report
@rungsp, female. Thanks for the suggestions - v helpful. Not looking for full time, just a few peaks weeks if even.

I wish I could say I had my adaptive L2 because it's been on my to do list for a long time, I just haven't had the cash and time to get around to it. Maybe next year, I really hope.
snow conditions
Optimum is your best bet.

Saas Fee pays the same as Verbier, but rent/expenses are quite a lot less. The skiing is good and Optimum have a lot of work, so if you want to earn...you will earn.
Contact them, speak to Ben.
ski holidays
Thanks I'll try them. Verbier is handy though because I live in Aosta and can commute, or stay with friends there.
latest report
If you live in Aosta then Interski is a no-brainer!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy