Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last Minute Holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've become addicted to new snow.

For European holidays I'm thinking of just leaving it to last minute and seeing where has the best snow / forecast and trying to get there.

Does anyone else do this? Any tips to offer? How late do you leave it?

Thanks for any advice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are your dates fixed and are they at the school holidays?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One in the holidays with the family, snow less important with the kids. Might just take them out of school though.

Hopefully two outside the school holidays solo / small group, more skiing focused.

I should add I'm living in BC at the moment. This is the only way my wife is getting me back to the UK 😜
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
motdoc wrote:
One in the holidays with the family, snow less important with the kids. Might just take them out of school though.

Hopefully two outside the school holidays solo / small group, more skiing focused.

I should add I'm living in BC at the moment. This is the only way my wife is getting me back to the UK 😜

I did wonder why you were up at this time. I'm in Shanghai... so good morning 😀

If EU and pistes are your thing then I would recommend the sella Ronda in Italy. Even if the weather is not great they will have perfect pistes.

One other thing you may consider is buying a ticket well in advance to a place you can easily access a few places, but with a ticket you can change at the last minute for a small fee or for free. I'm sure some on here can recommend an airport as a central place.

E.g. On this trip to Seoul, Shanghai and Hong Kong ( PS I'm not The Donald) I booked in the BA sale knowing that it would cost max £100 to change and saves £400, so worth the effort of an advanced commitment.

Personally I go on Snowheads Bashes and typically book in advance for that. However, I book lots of flights with a week to go for work and the only thing I have to compromise on is that about 40% of flights become more expensive. However, by compromising on a later/earlier/airport wait I generally get them for the same price as an advanced purchase.

Hotels are one thing you may need to think about (cancellable booking on hotels.com etc) because you may find it limited in resort.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good morning and thanks for tips! Not really pistes for me, just not sure where to put the question.

I've wanted to take my family to the Sella Ronda since doing the Maratona on my bike a few years back, we definitely will now!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hmmm have you thought about just booking a flight early when they are cheap?
Then just choose a resort based on price later. Lots of good small resorts.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are a few points in the season when it's difficult to find accommodation at the last minute, but the rest of the season is generally fine. The difficult times are typically New Year week (everywhere) and February in France (French half-terms). Outside of these times you should be able to find something up to the last minute (I often book 3 or 4 days out, but start looking 2 or 3 weeks before to see what's available).

Several UK chalet operators may give last-minute discounts of 50+% on chalet accommodation at the last minute; you may get discounts of other accommodation, but typically not so much
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy