Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who’s already planning 2018/19?

Poster: A snowHead
With most of our ski trips booked for 2017/18 my thoughts are drifting to 2018/19... Really want to do a Japan trip - like the look of Whiteroom tours progression - but will have to be solo effort, and see that Easter is late (week 16 for us) so that will need some thought for a family trip - Lapland could be on the cards.

Anyone else planning?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not planning yet but, like you, my thoughts are drifting that way. And like you, Japan......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh yes - have already been talking to a couple of friends about heading off to Whistler for a couple of months, and exploring the backcountry, including a few trips away for several days at a time.

My current contract/project means I have to work full time this winter, and be limited to holidays only, but I'm having the time off next winter one way or another!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, the trip is being planned after an idea, will just wait on flights accommodation etc to become available, also the year after is pretty much decided on too Toofy Grin Unless something serious happens in the meantime. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm saving with the intention of doing less trips but including one 'big trip' to N. America or Japan...but that all depends on how my skiing improves over this season. It may be that I end up postponing it until 19/20 instead.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Themasterpiece, have been planning to return to fugen for xmas 2018 for several months now, feb 17 sorted, unable to book accommodation at the moment though!!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep...

I'm leaning towards TO trips rather than DIY just in case there's any pre-Brexit aggro with the airlines...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Themasterpiece, I'm hoping that the family bash is a success next year and fits in with our easter hols for 2019, so that's one pencilled in.
I don't think I'd get away with planning more than that over a year in advance though, I have to sort the summer in between first!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No firm plans but I'm already pondering an epic trip for 18/19 vs a shorter, cheaper trip this year (or two if funds allow) wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My crew of Aussies are heading for a US road trip this winter and then we’ll do Europe in 2019. Waiting for flights to be released do we can get early booking. We will ski in a few spots but our main ski week will most likely be Austria or Italy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What is all ths planning about?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am. My son is due to be doing his year abroad in Japan. A March ski trip calls!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's a group of 3-5 Snowheads including myself looking at a Canadian road trip, Kicking Horse, Revelstoke etc or Japan 2019, others welcome to join us.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yep, hopefully the 2017/8 family bash works out OK enough for @Admin to run it again in 2018/9 season. We'd be doing this one if we hadn't already booked another trip. If not then EoSB19 most likely.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shouldv'e done it last season, but I'm looking to go to Canada with singlesports if they repeat the trip they're looking to do to Banff in 2017/18. The destination for them in 2016/17 was Whistler, but I'd be happy with either resort. I stayed in Jasper (for Marmot Basin) in 2011, and I've wanted to go back to Canada ever since.
latest report
@Themasterpiece, season in Fernie BC is the plan . . . .

@Richard_Sideways, I'd enjoy seeing how the snotmunchers have progressed Toofy Grin

@sbooker, I'll be @ Powder Mountain UT for Tues/Wed most weeks this winter . . . Look for a big red 'semi' in the Eden park and ride
ski holidays
Who’s already planning 2018/19?
Hopefully Admin is, then it's just a matter of deciding which Bashes to do. snowHead
ski holidays
(Sadly) me

Thinking about Westendorf.... with its connections to the SkiWelt and Kitzbuhel. And there seems to be some reasonable ski in ski out apartments.
snow report
Think I'll just stay at home again Very Happy
latest report
My only planning will be buying my revelstoke and silver star season passes for me and the family. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Themasterpiece, @esaw1, also thinking of Japan for that year. And maybe Chile in the summer.
snow conditions
Half term booked off work Happy
snow report
@francium., I will be getting the Sun Peaks pass, we don't spend long enough in Silver Star, and the 25% reduction the SP pass get has to do.
snow report
oldmike wrote:

For 2019?!
snow report
Claude B wrote:
Think I'll just stay at home again Very Happy

Fair enough Toofy Grin
On a serious note, do you ski elsewhere or feel a desire to do so?
ski holidays
Themasterpiece wrote:
oldmike wrote:

For 2019?!

Yep! My Wifes' annual leave can be nightmare to book.
My Boss jokingly asked if that was all until I offered to book April 2019 too Happy
snow report
@Themasterpiece, I get 10 days in Alpe d'Huez, 3 in each of Serre Chevalier, Montgenevre, Sestriere and Puy St Vincent, 1 in Flaine and whatever this year's arrangement for La Grave is on the season pass. Plenty to keep me occupied 😁 Might do some of the smaller places nearby too, a day pass doesn't cost a lot.

Plus my girlfriend who has an Alpe d'Huez season pass has similar and wants to try a few of those covered so we'll be busy.
latest report
oldmike wrote:

Nice snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
18/19? I'm already focussed on 19/20. snowHead
snow report
mcspreader, that ones planned also - should be another road trip around BC - easy enough to plan now.
Its the 18/19 one that's going to be fun to sort - UT, NM and CO roadtrip utilising the mountain collective pass. Couple of days in some national parks too - lots of driving and skiing some interesting places.
ski holidays
oldmike wrote:

I've also been looking at Feb half term 2019 ! is there a hang head in shame emoji ?

My daughters school dates have just come in for 23 Feb till 4 March 2019,which caused a hopeful gasp that things might be slightly cheaper, anybody else have dates
yet for Feb half term ? Most Scottish schools seem to be 1 or 2 weeks before Smile
ski holidays
I've got breakfast and lunch sorted for tomorrow......will plan dinner later. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Bones wrote:
mcspreader, that ones planned also - should be another road trip around BC - easy enough to plan now.
Its the 18/19 one that's going to be fun to sort - UT, NM and CO roadtrip utilising the mountain collective pass. Couple of days in some national parks too - lots of driving and skiing some interesting places.

It will be interesting how the Mountain Collective plays out for 18/19 with the changes that have happened within the industry lately. Hopefully most of the hills that are included now are still there. It is undoubtedly the best pass in North America for skiers wanting great terrain. In my opinion it is has a lot more interesting hills than the Epic passes and for a road trip it is fantastic value. In January this winter I plan to have 52 days skiing (4 in our family so 4 x 13 days ) hitting Snowbasin, Snowbird, Alta, Jackson Hole, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows and Mammoth/June Mountain for an outlay of $800US. (We got in while the kids were $1 with the purchase of an adult pass at $399).
ski holidays
sbooker wrote:
In January this winter I plan to have 52 days skiing (4 in our family so 4 x 13 days ) hitting Snowbasin, Snowbird, Alta, Jackson Hole, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows and Mammoth/June Mountain

You will do four family ski trips each 13 days? Wow, how do the kids have so much time off school?
snow conditions
muppet wrote:

My daughters school dates have just come in for 23 Feb till 4 March 2019,which caused a hopeful gasp that things might be slightly cheaper, anybody else have dates
yet for Feb half term ? Most Scottish schools seem to be 1 or 2 weeks before Smile

23 Feb to 4 March 2019 = week 9. I think a lot of English schools will have week 8 in 2019.
snow conditions
I am fancying trying Austria for the first time.

Many questions to follow Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Themasterpiece wrote:
sbooker wrote:
In January this winter I plan to have 52 days skiing (4 in our family so 4 x 13 days ) hitting Snowbasin, Snowbird, Alta, Jackson Hole, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows and Mammoth/June Mountain

You will do four family ski trips each 13 days? Wow, how do the kids have so much time off school?

No.
13 days of skiing and there is 4 of us so 52 days collectively.
I wish I could have 4 ski trip a year!
snow report
We've got the double whammy of GCSEs and A levels in 2018/19 so Easter is out and probably Christmas too. Sad
snow report
@Wrekingirl, us to, so we've already agreed that we're going Feb half-term 2019

Not ideal, but the only time we will be able to go and gives the kids a good break before they're into exams!

On the plus side, hoping we can have a cheaper summer holiday in late June/early July when they've finished exams and before schools break up
snow conditions
@Wrekingirl, @Boris,

We’ve got that this year unfortunately so not going at New Year before mocks.
Kids break up on 23 March for Easter so may try a week away with limited skiing for them.
Glad when they are through with school
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy