Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh no it is the BA hand luggage question again .....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Sorry for asking this golden oldie again but with the airlines changing their minds over baggage allowances every 5 minutes I wanted to check with the SH's that I am not going to fall fowl of BA's policies come January.

So, for my January trip I am proposing to take a Dakine low roller bag with skis and clothes in it as hold baggage - did this earlier this year and all well with length and weight. Only issue this time is that my son is not coming on this trip so I can not put my ski boots into his hold bag so I need to take them on as hand luggage.

Please can you advise on the best bag for the job. Thinking of just a cheapo boot bag with dimensions of 23 x 38 x 39cm. Would this be alright to take on as hand luggage?

Many thanks

Griggs
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The maximum size of the handbag/laptop bag is 40cm x 30cm x 15cm (16in x 12in x 6in). The size of the additional cabin bag should be no larger than 56cm x 45cm x 25cm so it's fine. I use a wheelie case rather than a boot bag but they won't care.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use a 40ltr rucksack, which is within dimensions without being squashed, and holds my boots Tetris style, plus any valuables, laptops, iPad etc. Very easy to carry when towing main bag and ski bag, both of which have wheels.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use a suitcase 56cm x 45cm x 25cm its massive when compared to most cases you can buy as carry ons. I used the same bag a suitcase this summer .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Put boots in low roller (mine fit in the pockets), displaced items in a carry on bag.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I just did a BA trip trans-Atlantic with a 50L RAB gear bag. I did not have my hard snowboard boots & bindings in it (surf trip not snow), but I could easily have done so.

You can look up the regulations.

The reason people carry their boots in the cabin is that if things go wrong it's easy to hire a board/ skis and even clothes, less easy to find boots which actually fit & work for you.
If your flight has multiple segments the risk is higher. If you've never had hold baggage go astray then you've not travelled enough wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use a SnoKart Cabin Boot bag, which fits BA's hand baggage limits. You can tow along on wheels or wear it as a back pack, and it has a couple of pockets which you can put other small objects as well. With BA you are also allowed a small handbag or laptop case in the cabin in which you can keep your valuabales and flight essentails so you do not need to keep opening the overhead locker to rummage around in your boot bag while in flight - not that that stops some people!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Currently use a cheap Snow & Rock Boot Bag, but it's 1cm over the allowed size coming in at 34 x 26 x 44cm. That said, I've never had a problem getting it on the plane and I also use it to carry my helmet in.

@Thorney, I do like look of that SnoKart Kabin Boot Bag, not so much the price.

Browsing their site, I see they do an actual Boot & Helmet Pack/Bag, which again looks very good. Very much like the facility of being able to carry them on your back, which I'm unable to do with my current bag.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 7-11-17 19:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I use a North Face Base Camp duffle bag (small).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I recently bought a Snowkart Kabin Boot Bag and it's a winner. A lot of money but it's really nicely made so it should last a good few years. Definitely falls within BA limits.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi

Many thanks for the replies. Sounds as though I will be fine with the boots in a 23x38x39 size boot bag. Quite like the look of the SnowKart Kabin Boot Bag as well but can not justify the price at the moment especially as my son usually gets my ski boots packed into his bag Very Happy !

Griggs
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I use a samsonite 2wheel standard cabin bag and never had a problem. The good thing about a "proper cabin bag" is the ground staff know what they are and know they are in the limit so don't ask to put it in the sized.

However I bought a 50l rab gear bag (for this purpose and to get it on my back. I got mine for £50 a few weeks ago.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy