Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda off-piste + après

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Which Sella Ronda village is best located for off-piste and après? I'm aware that the area is not top of the alpine tree for either.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For Apres, Selva or maybe Canazei.

For off-piste, Arabba, but you need good snow conditions and a guide for the best bits and it can be a bit quiet of an evening.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hd, not sure about off-piste, but for après I'd say probably Selva. The Luiskeller on the main street is very popular.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kronestrube/Luiskeller are a laugh out of the slack ends of the season.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have had epic off piste conditions at Easter We were staying in Arabba and skied the area around the Marmolada.

Now this is a few years back [2001?] but were stopped twice by skiing policemen as we appeared to be skiing without a guide which seems to be illegal. Fortunately we had the son of the hotel owner with us and he was able to convince the policemen that he was qualified as a guide.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@hd, in good snow conditions, the area's off-piste is hard to beat. However, you will be wanting a guide, particularly if you don't know the area. Get a hold of a copy of Francesco Tremolada's book "Freeride in Dolomiti" for an idea (or even better, employ him to show you.)

Arabba is probably the best location for easy access to prime spots such as the Marmolada and the Sella group via the Pordoi cable car. However, if you like a little après, and your idea of that is drinking far too much with random Danes whilst banging nails into a tree trunk, go for Canazei; a paticularly good spot when conditions allow a full descent from the Marmolada to the top end of the Val di Fassa. Also has easy access to the quiet area above Alba for some cheap lines.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy