Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Bindings Questions

Poster: A snowHead
Wife bought me new pair of bindings for Xmas. They come with 2 foot plates. One has 0 degree written on the base, the other 2.5, whats the difference (apart from 2.5 degree)?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@thefatcontroller, post pics numbnuts, that could be foot angle or ramp. Binding design is always looking fer t 'next new thing' . . . wot bindings are they?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Masque, You can't read minds! Toofy Grin Laughing

Rome bindings. They have 2 of these for each foot. One has 2.5 on the bottom and the other 0. Gone with 0 for now.

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I reckon it's more likely to be "canting" ie left to right slope. Supposed to help your knees or something ? Ski boots sometimes have it but on them it twists the shell with a little allen key adjuster.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep pretty sure the 2.5 degree ones raise the outside (little toe edge) of your foot higher than the inside (big toe edge). Supposed to make an over wide stance more comfortable.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 7-01-18 11:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I reckon Skitow is right. Put two footbeds flat on a table side by side (one 2 1/2deg and one 0deg). Look along the length of the footbeds and you might be able to see one tilted slightly compared to the other. It is to do with knees, the wider your stance goes the more of a twist required in the knee to keep your foot flat on the binding. Putting a 2 1/2deg inward tilt on the footbeds helps?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bunch of cants.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes it's canting. I had Rome bindings and most come with 2 sets of beds.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks. I have a wide stance, boarded all day fine on them but maybe tomorrow I will try these bases and see if my cant is better.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for advice. I put the 2.5's on but also as my wife decided to alter the angles on here bindings I decided to look at mine. Embarrassed to say an instructor set them many years ago. I'm goofy and it turned out my right foot was on about 27 degrees. I moved it back to 18 and the knee pain I had has gone. My right foot was twisted the whole time. Boarded well today. Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
27 degrees? surprised you could turn the thing!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mr.Egg wrote:
27 degrees? surprised you could turn the thing!

It was like that for 7 years. You’ve never seen me board I had developed a whole new style 😂😂
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@thefatcontroller, blimey, what is/was your backfoot angle?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kelly was +27 up front
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Confused Old skool +/+ alpine setup?
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@thefatcontroller, blimey, what is/was your backfoot angle?

Gone to 15 on the backfoot.
latest report
Tirol 164 wrote:
Kelly was +27 up front

I was 'Kelly' for 7 years.... Laughing
ski holidays
No alpine is double that plus .

I remember Burton used to put its sponsered rider stances on the binding boxes .
Kelly +27front and either +9 or +12 on the rear (I think it was +9)

I read Terje ran +26/+6

Alpine in my past case +57/+51
ski holidays
Yea Im sure... Ned Kelly!
snow report
I’ve a friend who learned a few years back. We started him on +12, -12 and he really couldn’t get on with it. We went to +18, -6 and things improved, but still he wasn’t happy. Being a bunch of surfers we said “lie on the floor and take off” which he did. Feet at about +45 & +15 which we tried, job done. Funny, he’s a really smooth stylish surfer with a really powerful roundhouse - he now looks just the same on a snowboard.
ski holidays
rogg wrote:
Being a bunch of surfers we said “lie on the floor and take off” which he did.

Having trouble picturing this, can you explain? Laughing
latest report
Laughing
snow conditions
Genuine question though! How does it work?
snow report
I'm guessing "take off" is surfer speak for "stand up on your surfboard"?
snow conditions
Aha, so more like surprising your feet than some kind of yogic flying thing Very Happy
ski holidays
HandyHand wrote:
surprising your feet

An actual real life chuckle came out at that phrase Toofy Grin
latest report
Quote:

more commonly known as "popping up"

I'm always playing with my binding angles. It does always feel restrictive if I have been surfing recently!
snow conditions
Quote:

Alpine in my past case +57/+51

Do I detect the faint whiff of a rubber speedsuit?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@thefatcontroller, yes, its a canting/ramp angle to line up yer ankle bones with yer tib&fib making things more comfortable . . .. though if you are riding with 'alpine' foot angles use the 0 degree base on your fore foot. My teleboard is set up with +90 / +83 . . . but the rules are just the same . . . as long as you can place and control without discomfort and a full range of movement, the amount of pressure you can put into your snowboard . . . then whatever works is ok for you.
ski holidays
leggyblonde wrote:
Quote:

more commonly known as "popping up"

I'm always playing with my binding angles. It does always feel restrictive if I have been surfing recently!

You might be a prime candidate for those free rotating bindings someone invents every few years Razz
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy