Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next stop: San Sicario, and the Olympics Women's Downhill

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Interesting TV pictures on the BBC now showing the Dorfmeister's and Alcott's run superimposed onto the same video footage. Shows just how close the racers are, and how little mistakes makes the difference between winning and losing. Wish that more use was made of that technology on the World Cup circuit, it would help with the TV coverage immensely.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar.org.uk, missed that, did Chemmy lose most time on that final section?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar.org.uk,

the crazy thing is the software to do this is not expensive, one version called dartfish is used by the BBC and the basic version costs around £350, i use this for video analysis for runners and skiers in the clinic. even the expensive all singing all dancing version is less than £2000 (i assume the BBC have this version) so do not know why as you say they do not make better use of it.

great peice of software by the way Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We get so little good analysis on TV for any sport. Just commentators telling you things that a half-wit would have worked out for themselves.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, Graham Bell said that it was regularly used in training by different skis camps. I also don't understand why it isn't used more often - it gives a terrific insight into why some skiers are fast and why others aren't.

PG, yes, there was one small jump which Chemmy didn't flatten very well, and consequently she took a different line into the next corner compared to Dorfmeister. Chemmy didn't lose any time over the jump, but the different line meant she was much slower out of the corner and into the next one. Up until the jump she was very close to Dorfmeister.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DavidS,
oh you mean lines like......he needs to get back into the tuck, he took quite a bit of air on that one, he has lost a lot of time on that turn (as the clock shows a masive deficite) etc etc. or the classic he really will have to go for it to take the lead Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Neil's updates from San Sicario just uploaded....

Dorfmeister Avenges Nagano Heartbreak

Chemmy So Close To Top 10!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy