Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

superskicard - what's the catch?

Poster: A snowHead
I've taken a look at www.superskicard.com and something doesn't make sense.
The price for a 6 day pass in peak season is 272 euro, and the card supposedly includes all SkiWelt resorts, SkiCircus resorts, and Ski Amade resorts as well as a few others (Obertauern, Zillertal Arena, but not the other Zillertal resorts).
A Ski Amade 6 day pass alone costs nearly that much (no more than 20 euros less) so what's the catch here? Why would anyone buy an Amade pass and not the SuperSkiCard allowing access to Obertauern and Zell am Zee as well?

The only thing I could think of is this bit from the terms & conditions:
Quote:
Changing ski resorts: Entering a ski area means that one day will be deducted from the period of validity. Changing to another ski area during this day is possible.

Which basically tells me, if I understood it correctly, that if I do 2 areas in one day I lose a day on my pass? If true, does that apply to individual areas of Amade (for example if I do Wagrain and Flachauwinkl in the same day)?

If anyone has experience with this card, especially in the non-seasonal format, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the above and general pros/cons of this. Danke! snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FYI, should anyone be interested, I've plotted all the resorts that this card seemingly covers on a custom Google map:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aFy7w8oOC5gLiEGjxkubF8OrHAaEB-V8&usp=sharing
Might have missed some smaller ones. Green is for resorts accessible within an hour of driving from Zell am See, where the pass issuer's main office is located. Maybe this comes in handy for someone else at some point.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@motig, The quote above means that if you go through the lift gate once then that whole day is now activated and will count as a used day (if you buy a non-consecutive card you can have days off)

That site is the official site for the card.

The 'catch' is it will be a massive adventure to try to take advantage of it in the course of a week!
It certainly is a bonus having Amadé and Obertauern on the same pass as they are so close.
For me (based in Radstadt in Amadé) I can get everywhere but the Gastein and Hochkoenig areas in 20 minutes. 25 minutes for Obertauern.
Then it is 1hr for Zell, 1hr 15 for Saalbach, 30 mins for Dachstein West.

I'd not recommend staying as far South as Zell if you want to take real advantage of the card. (tbh I'd recommend being near me!)

We used to get this pass for our seasons every year but now it has been extended so much it has pushed the price to sillyness for a family!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey flangesax, yeah on the last two trips we stayed at Flachau and did that area, Flachauwinkl, Planai and Hochkönig in the same week (based on your recommendations amongst others!)
To be honest those areas are quite sufficient on the Amade pass, what im considering now is staying near zell to have direct access to it, Hochkönig and saalbach which are all 20 mins away, and would provide a change versus the last couple of years. Its unfortunate that there's no direct road between saalbach and kitzbuhl as that would make it a great basecamp, i think.

Imbjust surprised by how small yhe price difference is between this pass and the individual area passes, seems unprofitable. I guess it's the same as the dolomiti superski pass which is also impossible to fully utilize in a week.

By the way regarding your comment on this passes pricing I did see that they have an offering where if you purchase the pass for 2 oldest kids, the others get passes for free, which is great for larger families.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got the super ski card last year. I needed it for 10 days and it was €20 more than the amade pass. I stayed in altenmarkt and Radstadt and as well as skiing locally went to obertauren, annaberg and saalbach which were higher and had better conditions as local resort's were getting slushy in mid March.
This year I am buying the season pass as I will have 5 weeks between soll zell am ziller and Radstadt. The other one to look at is the tirol card but salazburg card i can get discount if buy season pass befote 6 dec.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@speachmaus, Annaberg and Dachstein West had great conditions late season... but not because of height... but because of under use!! They are so quiet!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@motig,
The catch is you can only be skiing in one place at any one time!

I always use this card. You can definitely use the card in more than one area in the same day. Last year, we skied in the Ski Circus for most of the day, via Fieberbrunn, and got in a sneeky top to bottom run at St Johann iT before going to the pool there.

St Johann iT is a good base for visiting: Kitzbuhel, Ski Welt, Ski Circus and the smaller Schneewinkel resorts. There's about 900km of runs within a 20 min drive.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@motig, my feeling would be that the more local cards are useful for people who don't have their own transport in resort (though some connections with public transport are possible). On the other hand, if you have a car then with the SuperSkiCard the world is your oyster.

With the bigger card you are spoiled for choice as to where you have your base. It just depends on which parts of the extensive area you want to ski. Based in Fieberbrunn the furthest I reach generally is Dorfgastein going east and Kitzbühel/Ski Welt going west. A bit further would be possible, e.g. Alpbach, but I haven't got around to that since it was added to the pass last year (I have once driven to Zell am Ziller but that means spending a good while on the road). Zell am See is certainly central (and not too far from the Kitzbühel area at its Pass Thurn end).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
motig wrote:
I've taken a look at www.superskicard.com and something doesn't make sense.
Why would anyone buy an Amade pass and not the SuperSkiCard allowing access to Obertauern and Zell am Zee as well?

I think this is obvious, you only pay for the ski pass that you're likely to use given your willingness to travel each day.

For some they will stick to one resort if it offers what they want, for others it will be an area pass covering a few neighbouring resorts maybe linked by lift or a short skibus ride, for others it will be a region pass where you can ski a different area each day, but you'll likely need your own transport to make use of it and be willing to spend maybe up to an hour in a car at the start and end of each ski day.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
'The catch?' You need transport and opportunity!

I buy the Tirol snow card which covers almost all Tirol (NOT St Anton!)
and some of the areas on the Salburger SuperskiCard (includes Saalbach, but not Zell am Zee. Includes Zell am ziller(ZillerArena), but not the rest of the Ziller valley.)
I have transport, so managed a load of resorts last year.
If any solo skiers/boarders want to meet/join up, just ask.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah, but the Tirol card is a seasonal pass, a concept I'm well familiar with - it's usually profitable enough as many buy it for the convenience but don't actually ski/ride often enough, or in enough resorts, to "beat the system" so to speak. With the SuperSkiCard the surprising thing is there are X-day passes (6 day pass, for example) which are priced very close to the cost of a local area 6 day pass. For example, if you're staying in the Gastein or Hochkoenig area, you can purchase a 6 day Ski Amade pass for about 250 euro, or a SuperSkiCard 6 day pass for about 270 euro. Both will give you access to the Ski Amade region (including the Gastein, Planai/Schladming, Flachau etc) but the SuperSkiCard also gives you access to Zell am See, Kitzbuhel, Kaprun, Saalbach-hinterglemm and even Obertauern, so it seems as a consumer you get a lot more value for those extra 20. I'm assuming that anyone buying the Ski Amade pass is mobile and is planning to visit more than a single ski area, so the question is why would any such person buy a much more limited Ski Amade pass? If I knew the SuperSkiCard existed last time I visited Flachau I would definitely have gotten it and spent a day somewhere outside the Amade area - there are cool resorts within the same 45 min drive radius I consider acceptable.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@motig, have you skied Katschberg? It's one that really gets missed out and it's fabulous!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@motig, and Dachstein West, thats a lovely little gem 30 mins from Flachau and on the super pass. Ange.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Remember... whichever pass you choose, ski more than 2 and a half weeks in the region and the full season pass is cheaper Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I ordered mine today yayyy
ski holidays
@speachmaus, Toofy Grin
snow report
Coming in late, but hey you never know who else looks at this ...
A slight catch is that the Superski does not (generally) cover night skiing - which is normally covered on the local passes. Other discounts, like for swimming pools etc also may not apply.
The Superski is fantastic value, there are no restrictions on lifts (daytime) or ski-busses. Even for a shorter period it can be worthwhile, visiting a higher resort on a warmer day, somewhere more sheltered on a bad day, or a quieter small resort on a weekend.
snow report
BigJin wrote:
Coming in late, but hey you never know who else looks at this ...
A slight catch is that the Superski does not (generally) cover night skiing - which is normally covered on the local passes. Other discounts, like for swimming pools etc also may not apply.
The Superski is fantastic value, there are no restrictions on lifts (daytime) or ski-busses. Even for a shorter period it can be worthwhile, visiting a higher resort on a warmer day, somewhere more sheltered on a bad day, or a quieter small resort on a weekend.

Ski welt season pass or weekly pass doesn't include night skiing. As far as I know most resorts charge extra for night skiing.
ski holidays
@speachmaus, I've only seen it included in Canada
snow report
@motig, I think that their math is a bit different: It may well be that they found that most people do not go for more than a day outside of the Ski amade. So you pay for 5 days in Ski Amade and a day in, let's say, Saalbach. How much is a 5 day pass?About 240 Eur probably. How much is a day pass at Saalbach? About 60 Eur? So 240+60 is 300 Eur. Now the 292 Euro doesn't seem like such a fantastic deal. I'd even guess that 80-90% do not ski more than a day outside of Ski Amade and probably quite a few don't even use the option so it's just a more expensive pass for them in the end
snow report
Wow!! Just taken a look at the Ski Amade site:
https://www.skiamade.com/multi-day-tickets
The ticket office for a 6 day pass is 370 Eur!
Buying online in advance is going to be cheaper, still minimum 315 Euro!
That's an increase of 16-36%. Not good news at all
superskicard have only released their season prices, that seem like a really good deal at 860 Euro
ski holidays
@Listening, and buy early.. its dynamic pricing now
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, we actually found a deal at a 3* hotel including ski pass, HB, single rooms and the price is looking even better right now. However, the second trip is starting to look doubtful
latest report
Listening wrote:
Wow!! Just taken a look at the Ski Amade site:
https://www.skiamade.com/multi-day-tickets
The ticket office for a 6 day pass is 370 Eur!
Buying online in advance is going to be cheaper, still minimum 315 Euro!
That's an increase of 16-36%. Not good news at all
superskicard have only released their season prices, that seem like a really good deal at 860 Euro

Where have you seen the 2023/24 Superskicard season prices? I thought that 22/23 was €860?
snow report
@Austrian Seagull, you're right. I just took a quick look and didn't see prices for a week but did see prices for the season pass so wrongly assumed it's next season, but it's last season
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@speachmaus, I've only seen it included in Canada

Zell am See includes night skiing on the local Alpin Card - I'm sure I've seen it on others too.
ski holidays
2023/24 prices have now been announced. €940 if purchased by 6 December. That’s almost a 10% increase on last season.
ski holidays
Different pass, but Snow Card Tirol prices also up for next season €1050, which I think is a similar increase to the Superski card vs last season
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Austrian Seagull wrote:
2023/24 prices have now been announced. €940 if purchased by 6 December. That’s almost a 10% increase on last season.

To be fair, this seems a reasonable increase, and lower than I feared. Especially given their inflation rate; last year's price would have been set before the huge fuel price rises.

And the resorts on the card did an amazing job keeping resorts and slopes open and in good nick last season. As far as I'm aware the only significant areas that were closed were Gaissau-Hintersee and the Buchensteinwand (and some 'village' lifts like Embach). And elsewhere almost all pistes were kept open. Whilst the warm and wet weather did a number on resorts across the Alps things were kept going across the region.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy