Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decathlon Pants...?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya
My 15 year old Schöffels have about had it. Need a replacement on a budget as im skint and found these:
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/slide-900-mans-black-id_8386704.html
I reckon they look like a great pair of pants (a rare case of using US English as "trousers" sounds daft!). I have quite o few bits of Decathlon stuff (Quetcha) and its great gear.
I dont suppose anyone out there is using these pants or similar? Id appreciate any feedback!
Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, I've been skiing (2 weeks per season) with a pair of Decathlon ski trousers since 2011. They are absolutely fine and still good for the coming season!
The ones you mentioned above are the improved newer versions which my partner bought last season and couldn't have been happier with the purchase.
Good quality for less than half the price of major big names. And it also has Recco system integrated.
I will certainly buy the same ones when I need to change mines
Hope it helped. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got a pair for last year. More than adequate. I am a bit of a short back bottom so they are a bit long but they have a pull system that allows them to be shortened.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They kit out about 50% of French skiers (all other sports too). Observation, they're quite a bit cheaper in France 69€99 than UK £79.99 or Germany 99€99
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used Decathlon jackets and stuff for years. The only downside is the number of people on the slopes with the same jacket. Still don't really care.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/cascade-mens-trousers-id_8358689.html
When my Mojo didn't really fit well under my trousers last year I bought the above from Decathlon and they were absolutely superb, couldn't be happier. Not sure what the ski trousers are like but probably good as well
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shiva_71 wrote:
Hiya
My 15 year old Schöffels have about had it. Need a replacement on a budget as im skint and found these:
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/slide-900-mans-black-id_8386704.html
I reckon they look like a great pair of pants (a rare case of using US English as "trousers" sounds daft!). I have quite o few bits of Decathlon stuff (Quetcha) and its great gear.
I dont suppose anyone out there is using these pants or similar? Id appreciate any feedback!
Cheers

The tech specs are similar to many higher end brands. 10k breathability and waterproofing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have used a similar looking women's softshell trouser for years, no issues ( I like to wear tights or fleece under, but that's me).
Also have some Decathlon orange Recco ones, plus Decathlon mountain jackets - all good kit IMHO.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry, meant to say similar Decathlon ones.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've lost count of the number of years I've had my Decathlon ski pants, they seem to be completely indestructible.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK so I'm a bit of a brand whore. Not affraid to say unless it has Ortovox, Kastle, TNF or Head written on it, I'll turn my nose up. Add to that Ive always been a strong believer in 'you get what you pay for' and its a recipe for spending a fortune. However I took a trip to Decathlon recently to by some cheep walking gear for the little one and have to say I was extremely impressed with the quality of the gear. Add the fact that they have a very simple way of choosing warmth with clothing, and a good range too.

The OH and little one loaded up on gear and have now been using their walking trousers, insulated jackets etc and they've stood the test. In fact the decathlon own Brad trousers are looking better than my TNF walking trousers at 6 times the price!!

No idea what their ski gear is like, but if it's anything like their walking gear you won't go wrong
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have used Nevica, Rodeo, Killy, Oxbow, Burton, Wedze and Aldi over the last 30+ years.
Decathlon Wedz'e, are by far my favourites.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers for all the comments peeps, just ordered them!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy