Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix - "adjustments" to lift investment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
See https://www.chamonix.net/english/news/adjustments-in-the-investments-and-new-calendar-works-ski-area

Some good news, some bad, and some very interesting...

"Here is the calendar until 2020:
Works for the renovation of the artificial snow network on La Flégère and Le Savoy will continue this year 2017.
Christmas 2018: will go into service the chairlift in Lognan, called to replace the chairlifts of Marmottons and Tabé, initially planned in 2019. And the beginners area, initially planned in 2024.
Christmas 2019: will go into service the gondola that will replace the Flégère cable car.
2020: The new Charamillon gondola is postponed until the winter of 2020."

"gondola that will replace the Flegere cable car"? News to me - anyone else heard much about this? Could revolutionise skiing at Flegere! However, another 3 years of the Le Tour Gondola breaking down every few days isn't great.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowdave, I had heard two things of interest, 1. the Flegere replacement - anything an improvement and 2. a major rework of the area below Lognan to provide a significant snow cannoned beginners and intermediate area. (as there's no capacity to do this elsewhere ).

Both very good news.

Charamillon? delayed due to consultation with the indigenes?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks UANN. Yes, the locals were revolting over the plan to locate the new charamillon station at what is currently the bottom of the car park. Apparently it will damage their views and also deprive the restaurants of business.

I heard that the beginner area plan at Lognan was to have a chair between tabe and marmotton (removing both of those) near the helicopter landing pad, with a large area served there and potentially also a race piste. However, I'm not sure what the final plans are.

The flegere gondola plan was what really caught my eye, because for years locals have told me it's too windy for a gondola there. Would be good, particularly for the downloading!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowdave, CMB have indeed (what I heard anyway) been struggling to find an alternative because of wind. I seem to recall somone suggesting that it was going to follow a slightly different route to mitigate that. But who knows?

Certainly will be a major improvement.

Re Lognan, I think the main attraction is that the other areas are in the Aig Rouges reserve so putting in big reservoirs for water for snow is never going to get permission whereas GMs they have a lot more latitude over that sort of thing (and is anyway, north facing).

How they manage access and parking however... ??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy