Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens vs Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@sugarmoma666, not coming from the UK... and my roaming chargers are higher than the Mont Blanc.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chenav,
Quote:

@intermediate, I really appreciate your tips throughout this thread. Wish you many powder days this season. I'm already stoked for this vacation, really happy with the package we managed to build. Now let's just hope the weather also cooperates.

You're welcome. I think you've picked a good location and time to go. Hopefully the slightly lower altitude will help with sleeping and wellness generally.
The weather is a lottery but based in Les M, it is easy to get to more sheltered areas if snowing (St Martin, Meribel) and to high altitude/north facing slopes if sunny, with snow getting heavy.

Closer to departure, you may want to ask snowHeads for up to date recommendations on best runs, eating places, avoiding lift queues, etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed there in early March 2015. Great snow conditions in la masse and around la chambre. Some of the best runs over that side of 3 valleys (imho) and due to altitude (chambre) and orientation (la masse) some of the best snow. Also, really easy connection to Meribel if the weather closes in. Not so easy getting out of/into Val Thorens in bad weather.
Apartments are nice and directly on the piste. Also, lift options aplenty in the morning, so no need for enduring any queues.
All in all, great choice.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chenav wrote:
You guys are brilliant. Booked an apartment at the Chalet du Mont Vallon for third week of March, flying in and out of Geneva. If the snow gods fail us we will cancel and look for another resort... Thank you all for the help and suggestions!

Has anyone stayed at the Vallon and can comment on the apartments? We booked a "One-Bedroom Valley Apartment (4 Persons)". Mother in law is cool with staying in the alcove/living room.

Soooo Facebook has just informed me of a special week in Les menuires on the third week of March.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Soooo Facebook has just informed me of a special week in Les menuires on the third week of March.

Haha, good catch! Laughing For those not bothered to Google: https://www.europeangayskiweek.com/the-events/

I'm not too worried about this, will probably just make for a more colorful vacation. The resort had lots of open accommodation for this week as opposed to earlier in March so I think it still won't be busier than usual. Night time events aren't really relevant for our party. Only thing to look out for are the organized "mountain lunches", we'll just have to check in advance in order to avoid the crowded places.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy