Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New here but I’m looking for resort suggestions. I’m looking to go out in January with my girlfriend for a week. She’s skied for a week in Bulgaria last year and I’m a boarder who started 2 years ago but since then I’ve managed to get in 4 weeks. I spent 2 weeks in Tignes last year and loved it. I don’t need a big amount of blacks/reds but long flats are obviously stuff of nightmares.
Would like somewhere relatively cheap as she’s currently doing her PhD so not working. A lot of nightlife isn’t needed but a few good bars is. We’ve looked at Arinsal and Livigno so far. Any other suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@phantomlunger, are you planning on sliding together? could be a 'make it or break it' moment...

a little bit left field perhaps but you could do worse than - https://www.stafflerhotel.co.uk/ it's based in Niederau which is great for beginners/early intermediates in the local area (although the run outs get a bit flat for a boarder), can bus both ways to both the ski welt one way (Hopfgarten, Soll, Ellmau etc) - about 15 minutes and 10 minutes the other way for Auffach/alpbach. the hotel runs guided groups EVERY day, so if you do want to split (if you find you're at different levels) then they have different groups for different speeds, although your GF (unless advernturous) might be a bit early in her learning curve, although if she wants just to plonk about locally the lift is only a couple of minutes walk and she's bound to find others in the hotel that want to do similar - they have a way of 'making the groups mingle'

Friendly English run hotel, with a single 'dinner sitting' at I think 18:30. Think 'good english pub grub' rather than haute cuisine. bathrooms recently refurbished, not 'luxury' but decent enough if you're on a budget and spend the day out. Nice hotel bar and decent bar/club downstairs, which you can put on your hotel tab (dangerous!). Rest of the village a little limited. Transfers can be arranged to/from Innsbruck or Munich..

I've been a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it..will go back again and know many that are into there 5-10-15 trip...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gasthof Alpenfrieden in Kappl is excellent. €55 a night db&b right on the slope. Nice skiing around and ischgl just up the road too
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy