Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DESIGNING A SKI BACKPACK

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Basically there isn't an unmet need. The market is already well taken care of. I'd concentrate on an ultra slim no frills pack that can be worn on chairs and will suffice for someone to carry a mid layer, water, suncream and a mars bar. That's where the mass market is.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oceanic wrote:
Possible features...

Separate compartment for shovel and probe.
Some form of ski carry (Diagonal carry works better than A Frame).
Waistbelt and chest strap.
Goggle pocket.
Small pocket on hip belt for phone or camera.
Helmet carry.
Internal or external pocket for wallet, lip salve etc.
Hydration system.

Avalung.
Climbing harness style gear loop for carrying ice screws on a glacier.
Water bottle pocket on shoulder strap (for skinning).
Compression straps to make the bag smaller when it is not full.
Whistle on chest strap buckle.

Removable back padding to make the bag lighter when you are carrying less.
Spine protector.
Ice axe carry loops.
Option to swivel the pack to your front on chairlifts (Some Wedze packs do this).
Option to add an inflatable avalanche flotation bag that you buy later(have seen this feature on a Mystery Ranch pack that is no longer available).

Good list, from memory the bag that I've got already has the ones in bold. Also a neat thing where the hose for the hydration pack can be kept zipped in the shoulder strap so that it doesn't freeze. Haven't had cold enough weather to see how well that works though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy